Google Workspace is Google’s solution for small-to-big businesses alike to get things done from any place and on any device.
If you’re looking for Google Workspace promo codes, you’ve landed in the right spot. Normally the service charges you at a minimal of $6 per month per person but there are always ways to cut down the monthly recurring costs. Just read on…
Table of contents
- How to get Google Workspace discounts
a: Check out forums for promo codes
b: Completely free Google Workspace for non-profit organizations
c: Completely free Google Workspace for educational institutions
- How to sign up Google Workspace
How to get Google Workspace discounts
Method 1: Check out forums for promo codes
If you don’t feel like filling out the form yourself, you can consider checking out forums such as Reddit to see if there is any existing codes. Sometimes other users may have more codes than they need and share them online.
Method 2: Completely free Google Workspace for non-profit organizations
Do you work for a non-profit? If yes, here is the good news: In the not too distant future, Google Workspace will be rolling out free editions for non-profits.
Although it is still not available at the time of writing, you can take advantage of special no-cost offer of Google Workspace for non-profits.
Here are steps on how to do so:
1) Head to Google Workspace for Nonprofits and log in with your company’s administrative account.
2) Under Google Workspace for Nonprofits, click Get Started. From here, you will be prompted whether your organization joins Google Workspace yet.
If your organization is not using Google Workspace and needs to sign up: You’ll be given a 14-day free trial to try out the service. Just verify your domain and click Activate and you’ll be good to go.
If your organization already uses Google Workspace: You’ll need to provide your domain. Google will review your domain within 3 work days and send you an email notifying you of the edition you’ll be eligible for and if you’re qualified, there will be further instructions you need to follow to activate the offer.
Method 3: Completely free Google Workspace for educational institutions
Although there is still no word from Google whether or when Google Workspace education edition will come out, if you’re a school, you may still reap the benefits of what its precedent, Google Workspace Education has to offer at no cost. Google Workspace for Education is a set of free Google apps and services that are tailored for eligible schools and home schools.
If you are not sure whether your organization meets the criteria, you can check out Qualifications for Google Workspace for Education to see if you’re eligible. Then depending on whether you’re a K–12 or higher organization or a homeschool, you’ll be guided through a series of steps to sign up for Google Workspace Education edition. Once you’ve signed up, wait as Google processes your application and enjoy the 14-day free trial.
How to sign up Google Workspace
Signing up Google Workspace is actually pretty straightforward. Here I break it down to the following steps:
1) Go to Google Workspace Pricing page, choose a plan that suits your business needs and click Get Started.
2) In Let’s get started Page, enter your business name, select the range of the number of your company members, then select your country and click NEXT.
3) Then in What’s your contact info page, enter your contact info, including First name, Last name, Current Gmail address and Business phone number.
4) If you have a domain of your business, choose I have a domain. If you don’t have a domain yet, click I’d like to buy a domain or I’d like a free .page domain and follow the on-screen instructions to find one that works.
5) Enter your domain name (e.g. drivereasy.com) and click NEXT.
6) In Use this domain to set up the account, click NEXT.
7) After that, you’ll be in How you’ll sign in, type your user name. For example, if you type admin, then your email address will be admin@your business domain name.com. Then choose a password for you account and click AGREE AND CREATE ACCOUNT.
8) Follow the on-screen instructions to continue signing up. If you’re presented with a promo code box, don’t forget to copy one of the promo codes you’ve retrieved, pasted it in the box and hit Apply.
9) Fill in the billing details to complete the sign-up procedure.
Now congrats – you’ve already signed up your Google Workspace account. Yippee!
2. FAQs about Google Workspace
1) What is Google Workspace?
Google Workspace is the all-in-one package of productivity apps that’s supposed to meet all your needs for business. With a cloud-based technology, it helps teams to communicate, collaborate and get things done real-time anywhere and on any device.
Based on their core functionalities, these apps can be categorized into three different kinds:
- For communication: Gmail, Hangouts Meet, Hangouts Chat.
- For collaboration: Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Forms, Google Calendar.
- For storage: Google Drive.
2) What are the benefits of Google Workspace?
Google Workspace is becoming increasingly popular for both small teams and large organizations alike, especially for those who are scattered across different countries and areas. It’s an ideal choice to help you run and grow your business.
Here’re the main features of the best-loved tools in Google Workspace:
Gmail: Get custom email addresses (your name@your company domain name) as apposed to a regular @gmail.com, which makes it easier to look professional.
Hangouts: Texting, video conferencing, screen sharing, file sending in one place.
Calendar: Schedule your events, meetings & activities, get reminders and know what’s coming up next, and share it with your team as well as your clients.
Google Doc, Sheets, and Slides: Google’s version of Microsoft Office from the convenience of a web browser as opposed to the bulky desktop installation. Allows multiple individuals to work on the same project at the same time.
Google Drive: Store, access and share your files with real-time syncing. A 30GB storage limit for the Basic edition and unlimited storage and archiving for the Business and Enterprise editions.
3) How are Business Starter, Business Standard and Business Plus different from one another?
Here we’ve put together a table for comparison among the three plans:
|Feature||Business Starter||Business Standard||Business Plus||Enterprise|
|Price||$6/user per mo.||$12/user per mo.||$18/user per mo.||Contact sales for pricing|
|User limits||A maximum of 300||A maximum of 300||A maximum of 300||Unlimited|
|Maxmimum of video meeting participants||100||150 + recording||250 + recording, attendance tracking||250 + recording, attendance tracking, noise cancellation, in-domain live streaming|
|Access across devices (computer, phone, or tablet)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Support||Standard support||Standard support (You can pay to upgrade to Enhanced support)||Standard support (You can pay to upgrade to Enhanced support)||Enhanced support (You can pay to upgrade to Enhanced support)|
|Security and management controls||Security and management controls||Security and management controls||Enhanced security and management controls, including Vault and advanced endpoint management||Advanced security, management, and compliance controls, including Vault, DLP, data regions, and enterprise endpoint managementd management controls, including Vault and advanced endpoint management|
|Storage limits||30 GB cloud storage per user||2 TB cloud storage per user||5 TB cloud storage per user||Unlimited|
That’s it – hopefully this post has helped. If you have any ideas, questions or suggestions, please let us know in the comments. Thanks for reading.