If you’re using an AMD product like an AMD graphics card, and it is not working properly now, it’s very likely that the driver you use is missing or outdated. To fix it, you should update the driver for your AMD product.
There are 3 ways you can get the correct driver safely and easily.
- Update your AMD drivers via Device Manager
- Download drivers from AMD official site
- Update drivers for your AMD products automatically
Method 1: Update your AMD drivers via Device Manager
Device Manager is a Windows built-in utility that allows you to check for the latest compatible drivers for your devices. Here is how to use it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3) Double-click the category with the device you want to update the driver for. Then, right-click the device and select Update driver.
For example, if you want to update your AMD graphics driver, double-click Display adapters. Then, right-click the name of your AMD product and select Update driver.
4) Wait for Device Manager to update the driver automatically.
Sometimes, Device Manager may fail to detect the latest drivers for your AMD products. If this happens to you, please read on and try the method below.
Method 2: Download drivers from AMD official site
AMD keeps updating the driver for your product. To manually download and install the driver, follow the instructions below:
1) Go to the AMD Drivers and Supports website.
2) Search for your product.
3) Find the driver corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 32 bit) and download the driver manually.
4) Once you’ve downloaded the correct driver for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Method 3: Update drivers for your AMD products automatically
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for it (and it uses only genuine drivers, straight from your hardware manufacturer).
You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Hopefully, this article helped in resolving your problems! Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions and suggestions.