Dog Training — Basic & Easy
Dog Training is a long way to go when you start keeping a puppy. You might find it difficult to ask him/her to obey you at the very beginning. However, there are some basic and easy training tips for us to learn quickly when having a new lovely dog!
Among the basic dog training, in today’s post we wants to share with you the two very basic commands for your lovely one.
First: your lovely dog’s name (Bruno, Cookie, Lola…).
Confused? Why do I need to teach my dog his/her name?
When you call him/her with the name you give, like “Bruno, Cookie, Lola…”, your dog probably won’t pay attention to you. That’s because without training, they didn’t know you are calling him/her, and they didn’t know that’s exactly their name. Thus the very first thing you can teach your lovely dog is his/her name if you already have a great name for him/her.
1. You can make a sound like simple whistles to draw the dog’s attention with a little piece of tasty dog biscuits. And when it does pay attention to you, give your cute one the verbal praise, like “Yes! Great! Good boy/girl! Excellent job…” and the biscuits.
2. Repeat two to three times. Then when your puppy pay attention to you easily after the practice, call him/she the name with a high happy voice. Also repeat this simple practice several times, and each time when you get the dog’s attention, give your verbal praise and a little yummy treat to him/her.
After the repeated practice, your dog knows that when you’re calling the exact word you give him/she as their name, you’re asking for their attention.
Note: During the small training, please be friendly and patient with your lovely dog. Remember never shout at him.
When you can keep your dog’s attention with his/her name, the next basic command you can teach him/her is Sit.
Sit is a very common command that you will use it a lot. Such as when your friends come to your home, you may want to ask your dog to sit to avoid him/she jumping on the visitors.
1. Get on the same level with your dog meanwhile in front of him/her, either on the floor or chair.
2. Hold a treat very close to your dog’s nose and slowly move up you hand to make his/her head go up with your hand. And meanwhile say “Sit.” As his/her heads moves up, your dog’s butt will lower. Once he/she sits, be sure to give your verbal praise and the yummy treat for his/her brilliance.
Note: If when your dog moves up the head, their backs up, please put your another hand on his/her rump and guide him down to a sitting position.
3. After a few repeats, practice “Sit” together with your dog’s name. Like, “Cookie, Sit!”
4. Play the Sit game in short multiple time every day, like mealtime, waiting for the traffic light to turn green, etc.
Your any question would be welcomed by leaving comment below.
Enjoy the time playing with your cute dog?