Outdated drivers can cause printer problems like blank page printing or the printing error message. Therefore, it is important for you to update the right driver for your printer.
This article is going to introduce three common and easy ways to download and update drivers for your Epson XP 420 printer.
Try these methods:
- Update drivers using Device Manager
- Download drivers from the Epson support site
- Update drivers with Driver Easy
Method 1: Update drivers using Device Manager
Follow the steps below to update drivers for your Epson XP 420 using Device Manager:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time to open the “Run” dialog box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3) Double-click Print queues. Then, right-click Epson XP-420 Series and select Update driver.
4) Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
5) Wait until a window appears saying “Windows has successfully updated your driver software”.
Hopefully, this method helped! However, if Windows cannot find the latest driver for your printer, don’t worry! You can try looking for drivers in the Epson official support site. Follow the method below to download drivers from Epson official site.
Method 2: Download drivers from the Epson support site
Follow the steps below:
1) Go to the Epson official support site.
2) Type xp-420 and select the Epson XP-420 on the list.
3) Select Driver. Then, click the Download button next to Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer.
4) Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver for your Epson XP 420.
Hopefully, you will find this method useful and easy to follow!
Method 3: Update drivers with Driver Easy
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the EPSON XP-420 Series driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Hopefully, this article helped in resolving your problems! Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any problems and suggestions.