iMovie is a built-in app for iOS and macOS. You can use it to edit your video in a simple way. This app is not for pro users, but it’s enough for family users. Below are some useful tips for you to edit your video in iMovie.
How to cut a video in iMovie
To adjust the clip’s time-length by moving the starting/ending point or changing the length of the clip is called trimming. Trimming is a way to cut a video in iMovie. Here’s how…
Cut a video
- Open iMovie and click the + button to create a project.
- Input your video.
- Drag the video into the timeline.
- Put the cursor in the place you want to split the video and press Command + B together. Or right-click your mouse and choose cut.
Extend, shorten or keep the same length of the clip
- Select the clip you want to change.
- Drag the edge of the clip away from it to extend the clip.
- Drag the edge of the clip to shorten the clip.
- Click inside the clip and drag left or right to change the content in the clip.
Bonus: Use a VPN to Upload your video to YouTube
VPN can not only help you bypass restrictions in your region but also reduce video buffering and help you upload faster in speed.
Most Internet Service Providers (ISPs) make a promise to users about their unlimited, high-speed internet services. While if you are an average user you will have a good internet speed. But if you’re a heavy streamer, you would be affected by bandwidth throttling.
Even if you are an average user, you may meet YouTube buffering issue while watching live streams. The buffering you encounter from live steam is caused by server overload of the corresponding channel.
The two situations can be fixed with one method–get a good VPN (Virtual Private Network). Through VPN, your ISP doesn’t know what you are streaming. VPN can lead you directly to the server without passing by the ISP to reduce the speed loss and avoid the restrictions. Using a VPN helps you in securing your privacy as well.
You can use the VPN you already have, if you don’t have one, it’s recommended to use NordVPN.
NordVPN can bypass geo-restrictions to get all add-ons desired, keeps you protected from snooping eyes, and secures your data to keep your online activity private. It’s safe and easy to use!
- Download NordVPN in your device.
- Run NordVPN and open it.
- Connect to a server in a chosen location.
Hope you find this post helpful. If you want to know more tips or you have suggestions, please leave your comment below.