How to Reset Apple ID Password [2018 Guide]
Want to reset your password for your Apple ID? Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered! Whether you remember your current Apple ID password, or you’ve forgotten your Apple ID password, you can follow the instructions in this post to reset your Apple ID password easily.
Your Apple ID contains an email address and a password, which enables you to operate in iTunes, iCloud, Apple Store, and other Apple services. As the Apple ID password is so critical for your security, it’s necessary to keep your Apple ID password strong and secure.
Try 3 methods to reset Apple ID password
- Change your Apple ID password if you can login
- Reset your Apple ID password if you forgot your password
- How to never forget password again and reset Apple ID password automatically
If you’re logged into your Apple ID account now on your device or if you can remember your Apple ID password, you can directly reset your password on your iOS device that is logged in your account. Follow the instructions below:
Way 1: Change your Apple ID password in iOS device
If you’ve signed into your Apple account in iPhone or iPad, you can follow these steps to reset Apple ID password.
Note: the screenshots below come from iPhone with iOS 10.3 and later
- Open your iPhone or iPad, and open the Settings app.
- Tap you name on the top.
- Tap Password & Security.
- Tap Change Password.
- Enter your passcode to continue.
- Enter your new password for your Apple ID, and confirm the new password. You new password should be at least 8 characters in length, including upper case and lower case, and at least a number.
Then sign into your Apple account with your new password.
Way 2: Change your Apple ID password in the browser
If you remember the current password for your Apple account, you can follow these steps to reset Apple ID password:
- Go to Apple ID account page, and enter your Apple ID and password to sign in.
- Click the Change Password in the Security section.
- Enter your current password, and the new password and click Change Password to confirm. Your password must have 8 or more characters, containing upper and lower case and at least one number.
After updating your Apple ID password, you’ll be asked to sign into your Apple ID account, and you’ll need to update the account information in your devices.
If you forgot your Apple ID password and want to reset it, you can follow the steps below to retrieve your Apple ID password:
Generally speaking, you’ll reset your Apple ID password on the Apple account page, then you can choose one of these three ways to recover your password: Email or security questions, and you can select the method that works the best for you.
You can use your email address or security questions to recover your Apple ID password:
- Go to this page to reset your Apple ID password.
- Enter your Apple ID account, and enter the characters to verify.
- You’ll need to enter your phone number to confirm that you’re the owner.
- Select I need to reset my password, and click Continue.
- You’ll be presented with two options:
- Get an email: if you select this option, you’ll receive an email from Apple, click Reset Now in the email and follow the instructions.
- Answer security questions: if you select this option, follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Apple ID password. Be extra carefully to type the correct answers.
Then you should have reseted your Apple ID password successfully.
We all know that longer and more complicated the passwords are more secure. But it’s hard to remember all these long and complicated passwords composed of different strings that have no meaning to you.
Guess what?! Now you can easily and automatically manage all your passwords with Dashlane.
With Dashlane, you’ll log into websites automatically and fill long web forms with a single click. You’ll only need to remember your Dashlane Master Password and Dashlane does the rest. You’ll never need to remember of type another password again. Best of all, Dashlane is completely secure and easy to use.
- Download and install Dashlane on your device.
- Run Dashlane in your device.
- You can now store your passwords, change your passwords, and automatically generate strong passwords (you can do this and more with the FREE version).
You can also sync your passwords and data across all your devices (this requires Dashlane Premium) to save your time and patience.
So there you have it – Three methods to reset your Apple ID password. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see what more we can do to further help.