This post will show you how to update printer driver for your HP Officejet Pro 8600 All-in-One series of printers.
HP Officejet Pro 8600 All-in-One is a series of printers that consists of Pro 8600 e-All-in-One N911a, Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-one N911g and Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One N911n. In addition, this series of printers work on almost every Windows operating system, ranging from Vista to Windows 10, as long as your machine meets the requirements.
The amazing thing is, there is a universal driver that cover the needs of all these series of printers.
When you find that your printer is not working as properly as it should be, for instance, you see certain error notifications when you try to print, the printer’s status is a little bit off, or the printer is not working at all. You should really consider getting your printer driver updated.
1) Press Windows key and R at the same time, then type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
2) Locate and click to expand category Print queues.
3) Right click the HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer that you see here. Then choose Update driver option from the list.
4) Then choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
5) Then Windows will start to help you with the search of the new driver. If you see the notification as below, which indicates that Windows cannot help you with the driver update, then you need to look for an alternative. Please move on.
Basically, what we need to do is to 1) type the name of our printer into the search box of a searching engine, then choose from the list of results the appropriate web page for you accordingly; 2) navigate to the drivers and software page; 3) click the download button to get the printer driver downloaded; 4) extract the downloaded folder if you need, and then install the printer driver by double-clicking the setup file contained in the folder.
If you need more help, please see if the following posts meet your need:
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged printer driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).