Solve Random Wi-fi Disconnection in Windows 10/8
Aside from physically damaged network card, let’s go to the Windows built-in troubleshooter first, which is not really helpful in most cases, but it sometime does surprise you though.
In the search box on the Taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results. Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.
It’s totally fine if it doesn’t work. Let’s move on and see if this works.
Uninstall to reinstall your Network Adapter Driver
1. Go to Device Manager by pressing Win+R together to open the “Run” dialog, enter devmgmt.msc.
2. Look for your wireless network adapter from the list,
3. Right click the network card, select Properties and then you will see a pop-up windows as below. Navigate to Driver tab, click Uninstall.
4. Restart your PC after finishing the process. It will install the network adapter again and should solve the problem then.
*If that hasn’t solved your problem yet, try unchecking the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option under the Power Management tab in the same window where you find Drivers tab.
If you still experience disconnecting issue, maybe it’s time to update the drivers.
Updating drivers could be frustrating sometimes, we’ve listed some common easy ways to make it less frustrating, more satisfying:
1. According to your device model, download the latest software version from the manufacturer’s website.
2. Via Device Manager:
Navigate back to where you uninstall the network adapter, click “Update driver” this time.
3. Then select “Search automatically for updated driver software“. It usually will come up with a newer version of the software if there’s one.
Or try DriverEasy Professional Device Manager for free. It simply detects and updates all of the drivers automatically with a few clicks, and therefore you can spend more time being productive instead of wasting hours for a driver update.
We also offer a 30-day money back RISK FREE trial for PRO version. Start saving time today.