If you’re using one of the Canon PIXMA series printers, it’s necessary to keep your corresponding drivers up to date. The reasons are quite simple: for one thing, updating drivers can fix many printer issues such as printer-not-working and printer-offline; for another, it prevents the problems above and keeps your Canon PIXMA printer running smoothly.
After knowing the significance of updating your Canon PIXMA drivers, it’s now your turn to follow this tutorial and update the drivers step by step.
You can update your Canon PIXMA drivers either automatically or manually:
Option 1 – Automatically (recommended): This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even you’re a computer newbie.
Option 2 – Manually: You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 1 – Automatically update your Canon PIXMA driver (recommended)
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy takes care of everything.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All). Or if you just want to update the Canon PIXMA driver for now, hit the Update button next to it.
Note: you can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
Option 2 – Manually update your Canon PIXMA driver
If you feel like updating your Canon PIXMA driver manually, then the following instructions may do the trick for you.
1) First of all, you need to locate the corresponding driver for your Canon PIXMA printer in the official website of Canon. You can find your own way to the site, or you can simply click: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home
2) After opening the web page, click Support.
3) In the Browse by Product Type section, select Printers.
4) In the left side, there’s a product list for the PIXMA series. Choose one from the list according to your printer model.
5) In the pop-up page of your PIXMA printer, click Drivers & Downloads.
6) Select the version of your operating system from the drop-down list of Operating System. In the Optional Driver(s) section, click SELECT.
7) Hit the DOWNLOAD button.
8) If you’re not sure how to download and install the driver manually, you may also select How to Download and Install and then follow the tutorial.
9) After downloading and installing the Canon PIXMA driver, don’t forget to reboot your computer as well as your printer for the changes to take effect.
We’ll be glad if any of the instructions above are useful for you. If you have further questions or ideas, please feel free to leave a comment below or email us at email@example.com.