Unable to listen on Skype
I cannot hear the other person, my volume works fine and I can hear other things.
Methord to solve this issue:
1. Please check if your sound card driver is up to date.
Note: Use Driver Easy to scan computer and update latest driver for sound card.
2. Once you have installed the latest drivers for sound card, the problem may cause by other reason, not Driver issue.
Please follow steps below to troubleshoot the issues.
1. Check whether your Microphone work properly or not.
Open Skype -> Tools -> Options, and then click Audio settings in left pane.
Use your Microphone to test whether the Volume bar changes.
If the Volume bar changes, please go to Step 3.
If not, please go to Step 4.
Following screen shot is for your reference.
2. Click Start on your computer, choose Control Panel and View by Category. Click Hardware and Sound.
Choose change system sounds under Sound option. The sound dialog will appear. Click Recording tab.
If Microphone is disabled, please enble it (right click on Microphone and select Enable) and click OK button.
If Microphone can not be found in the Recording tab, right click on the bank pace and select Show Disabled Devices.
If Microphone is enabled, please go to Step 3.
3. Click Call in menu bar. Please be sure Mute Microphone is chosen.
Once doing instructions above, if the problem is still there. Please go to Step 4.
4. Press Windows key and R (at the same time). A run dialog will pop up.
Type soundrecorder.exe in. Click OK. (for Windows 7 and Windows 8 Operating System)
Type sndrec32.exe in. Click OK. (for Windows XP Operating System)
Then use your Microphone to make a record and save the record.
If you could not hear the record, you might need to replace your Microphone.
Driver Easy Technical Customer Support provides further assistance to assist Professinal User regarding driver issues.
As Driver Easy Professional User,Please feel free to email us with your error screen shot to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further help.