Speakers not working on your Dell laptop? Don’t worry. It’s often quite easy to fix…
Fixes for Dell speakers not working
All the screenshots below are from Windows 10, but the fixes also work in Windows 8 and 7.
Just work your way down the list until your computer speakers not working problem is solved.
Sometimes you can’t hear sound from your speakers simply because the volume is mute or set too low.
To make sure the volume is audible:
- Click the sound icon on the lower-right of your screen, then move the volume slider all the way to halfway up.If there’s a volume control on the app you’re playing, make sure to slide the volume bar to an audible level too.
- Test if you can hear any sound from your laptop speakers. If yes, then great! But if the issue persists, please move on to Fix 2, below.
- Right-click on the sound icon on the lower-right of your computer screen, then click Sounds.
- Click Playback > Speakers > OK.
- Restart your computer and check if the Dell speakers not working problem has been fixed. If yes, then congrats! But if it’s still no joy, you should try Fix 3, below.
This problem may also occur if you are using the wrong audio driver or it’s out of date. So you should update your audio driver to see if it fixes your problem. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either Free or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your Dell computer and see if the Dell laptop speakers not working problem has been fixed.
Hopefully you have successfully fixed the Dell speakers not working on your computer problem by now. If you have any ideas, suggestions or questions, please let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!