Many Minecraft player are having an issue with their game. They get an Error Code 5 error when they’re trying to open their Minecraft Launcher. And they can’t play their game.
This is a very annoying issue. But don’t worry. The following are two methods that have helped many Minecraft players.
Try these fixes
The error may occur if you don’t give the launcher enough privileges to finish its tasks. You should run your Minecraft Launcher as an administrator to grant it proper privileges. To do so:
1) Right click your Minecraft Launcher, and click Properties.
2) Click the Compatibility tab, check Run this program as an administrator, and click OK.
3) Run your launcher again and see if this has fixed your error.
Another solution to your Error Code 5 error is to download a new launcher from the link your Nativelog.txt file provides.
To do so:
1) Open the Nativelog.txt file. Select and copy the http link ended by “MinecraftLauncher.exe”.
2) Open your web browser, then paste the link in the address box and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
3) Download the new Minecraft Launcher. Then replace your original launcher in your Minecraft directory with this new one.
4) Open the new launcher and see if it runs normally.