Many Logitech M325 mouse users have reported an issue with their mouse that it is not working on their computer. If you’re experiencing this problem, don’t worry. You’re not the only one… and you should be able to fix the problem quite easily using one of the solutions we’ve listed below.
Try these fixes
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you:
Fix 1: Perform basic troubleshooting
When your Logitech M325 mouse is not working, the first thing you should do is to do some basic troubleshooting. Here are the things you can do:
- Replace the battery for your Logitech M325 mouse to fix any issues caused by the low batter power.
- Try plugging your mouse receiver to another USB port to troubleshoot any port issues
- Try restarting your computer and see if you’re able to use your M325 mouse after that.
If none of these works for you, don’t worry! There are still other fixes for you to try.
Fix 2: Re-enable your mouse
Windows may have disabled your mouse and this makes your mouse unusable. You should re-enable your mouse in order to recover it.
There are two ways you can re-enable your mouse:
A. If you are using a laptop, you should try pressing the key combination on your laptop keyboard that can turn on/off your mouse. Usually, it is the Fn key plus F3, F5, F9 or F11 (it depends on the make of your laptop, and you may need to consult your laptop manual to find it out).
B. You can also enable your mouse in the mouse settings. To do so:
1) Press the Win key on your keyboard, then type “mouse“. When you see “Mouse settings“appear in the menu above, press the up or down arrow on your keyboard to highlight it, then press Enter.
2) In Mouse settings, press Tab on your keyboard until Additional mouse options (under Related Settings) is highlighted. Press Enter on your keyboard to select it.
3) In the Mouse Properties window, press Tab on your keyboard until the Buttons tab in the window is highlighted (with a dotted border.)
4) Press right arrow key on your keyboard until the rightmost tab in the window is opened. (The name of this tab could be different, depending on the mouse you use.)
5) If your device is disabled, press Tab on your keyboard until the Enable button is high lighted, and press Enter to enable the device.
If this method solved the problem, you should be able to use your M325 mouse again.
Fix 3: Update your mouse driver
It’s also possible that you’re using a wrong or outdated mouse driver so your Logitech M325 mouse is not working. To see if that’s the case for you, you should update your device drivers.
There are two ways you can update your drivers:
Option 1 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way, because you need to find exactly the right the driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
Your device manufacturers keep updating drivers. To get them, you need to go to their website, find the drivers corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 64 bit) and download the driver manually.
Once you’ve downloaded the correct drivers for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Option 2 – Automatically update your drivers
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your device drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Hopefully one of the fixes above has fixed your Logitech M325 not working issue. If you have any questions or suggestions, you’re more than welcome to leave us a comment below.