Front Audio Jack Not Working [FIXED]
Your computer front audio jacks are not working properly? You’re not alone! Many people have had this issue occurring on their audio jacks on the front.
This is very annoying. You can’t use your headphone or microphone with the front jacks. But don’t worry. It can be fixed…
Fixes to try
The following are a few methods that have helped many people fix their front audio jack issues. You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Perhaps your device connected to your front audio jack is not working properly because it’s not set as the default device. To check your default audio device:
1) Right click the volume icon, then click Sounds.
2) If you connect your headphone or your speakers to the front audio jack, click the Playback tab. If you connect your microphone, click the Recording tab.
3) Right click your audio device, then click Set as Default Device. After that, click OK.
4) Check to see if you’re able to use your audio device.
Hopefully this works for you. But if not, there are two more fixes for you to try…
Your front audio jack may not be working if you’re using a wrong driver or it’s out of date. You should update your device drivers to see if that’s the case for you. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to each of your devices to download the latest and correct driver for it, then you can manually install it. You can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
You may have hardware issues with your front audio jacks. So it’s worth checking the audio jacks on your motherboard to see if your issues are occurring on your front jack only.
Try connecting your audio device to the audio jacks on the back of your computer. If your audio device works properly, then the problem is on your front audio jack. You may need to contact your computer manufacturer for advice or bring your computer to an authorized service provider to have it serviced.