If you’re using Kotion Each G2000 headset and suffering from the mic not working issue, don’t worry. In this post, we’ll walk you through 4 quick fixes that helped many users get their headset mic back to work.
You don’t need to try them all; just work the way down until you find the one that does the trick for you.
- Troubleshoot the hardware issues
- Check your microphone settings
- Update your audio driver
- Allow access to your headset microphone
Fix 1 – Troubleshoot the hardware issues
Above all, you need to eliminate the hardware malfunction as a possible cause. Make sure your headset is securely and correctly plugged in, and do some basic check as follow:
- Try plugging your headset into another microphone input jack in case the one you previously used is broken.
- Connect your headset to another computer to test if the device is intact. If it fails to work neither, your device is likely to be damaged and you’d better contact Kotion for further assistance.
If you confirm the hardware works fine but the problem persists, there may be something wrong with your microphone settings or audio driver. Keep reading to find out more fixes.
Fix 2 – Check your microphone settings
If your Kotion Each G2000 headset microphone is disabled or not set as the default device, or if the microphone is muted, it won’t pick up your sound as expected. But don’t worry, you can easily make the settings right.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Then, type control and click OK.
3) Select Small icons under View by. Then, click Sound.
4) Click the Recording tab. Then, right-click on any empty place and tick Show Disabled Devices.
5) If your Kotion Each G2000 headset microphone is disabled, right-click it and click Enable.
6) Make sure the Microphone is set as the default device. If not, click it and click Set Default.
7) Right-click Microphone and click Properties.
8) Click the Levels tab. If your microphone is muted, click the speaker icon to unmute it. Then, drag the slider to set the microphone volume to the max.
9) Click OK.
Now that you’ve correctly configured the microphone settings, see if your Kotion Each G2000 mic is able to work properly. If not, move on to the next fix.
Fix 3 – Update your audio driver
The Kotion Each G200 mic not working issue may indicate your audio driver is wrong, faulty or outdated. So you should update the audio driver to see if that fixes your problem.
You can download the latest sound driver from the sound card manufacturer, and then install it manually. But this process is a bit time-consuming and error-prone. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your driver automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged audio driver to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now check how the Kotion Each G2000 mic works.
If the microphone remains non-working and you’re on Windows 10, there is one more method you can try.
Fix 4 – Allow access to your headset microphone
If you’ve restricted the Windows system and certain applications from accessing your microphone, it won’t work correctly. To grant the permission, follow the steps below:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time to enter the Windows settings menu.
2) Click Privacy.
3) Click Microphone on the left pane. Then, click Change, and make sure Microphone for this device is turned on.
4) Make sure Allow apps to access your microphone is turned on.
5) Scroll down to the Allow desktop apps to access your microphone section, and make sure to turn on this setting.
After completing the steps above, your Kotion Each G2000 mic should function normally.
Hopefully this post helps. If you have any questions, suggestions, or alternative solutions not mentioned here, please share them with us by leaving a comment below.