If you want to keep your HP 840 G3
notebook computer in good condition, or if you want to fix its driver issues, you should keep the device drivers of your notebook up to date.
To update your HP 840 G3 drivers
The following are two methods to update your HP 840 G3 notebook drivers.
- Download your notebook drivers from the HP website
- Update your notebook drivers automatically
Method 1: Download your notebook drivers from the HP website
You can download the drivers from the HP customer support website. To do so:
Go to the HP customer support website
Search “840 g3
” for your notebook product page.
Go to the Software and Drivers page, then download the driver of each device to your computer.
Download the driver that’s suitable for your variant of Windows system. You should know what system is running on your computer — whether it’s Windows 7, 8 or 10, 32-bit or 64-bit version, etc.
Open the downloaded files to install the drivers on your computer.
Method 2: Update your notebook drivers automatically
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update these drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to each device to download the latest and correct driver for it, then you can manually install it. You can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
If you’ve updated your driver with Driver Easy but your driver issues persist, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice. You should attach the URL of this article so they can help you better.