HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Driver Download & Update for Windows
Wondering whether or not to update the driver for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer? Or you know it’s time but still looking for a quick & safe download? Look no further, this is your guide! 😉
When do I update my HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer driver
A printer driver is a tiny program that allows your printer to communicate with your computer.
Updating your printer driver can:
- help prevent crashes;
- improve both your computer and printer performance, etc.
If your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer (aka. HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer series) is acting a bit off:
- error notifications pop up randomly
- it won’t even print at all, etc.
then it’s probably time to update the driver for it.
Try these methods
Both methods below work in Windows 10 and 7. And as the method list suggests, you don’t have to try both. Just decide if you want to do it manually or automatically and take your pick:
- Update my HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer driver manually
- Update my HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer driver automatically (Recommended)
By updating our HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer driver manually, I mean we go to HP’s official website, find out the latest & correct version, download the file and install it all on our own. It needs time, patience, and certain levels of computer skills. If you’re not comfortable playing with device drivers, or worrying about any risks in the process, jump to Method 2.
1) Go to HP’s official website for driver downloads, and click Printer.
2) Type HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 into the box and click Submit.
3) Make sure the selected operating system is the right version for your Windows OS (Windows 10, 64-bit in my example) and click Download in the first result.
4) Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to finish the install.
5) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 driver to automatically download the correct version, then you can manually install it.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of All the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
There you have it – manually and automatically update your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer driver. Hope this helps and feel free to comment below if you have any other further questions. 🙂