The Battlefield 2042 is great but have you met the game doesn’t recognize the controller issue? Or there’s a huge delay when moving the joystick, pressing the trigger etc. It could be annoying. If you couldn’t get your controller working on the Battlefiled 2042, you’ve come to the right place, this post would help you fix the issue.
Try these methods:
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Connect controller via USB cable
- Change Steam settings
- Update your drivers
- Turn off DS4Windows
- Reinstall DS4Windows
Method 1: Connect controller via USB cable
It’s the easiest way to try before any complex methods. Some gamers reported their controllers are working fine when connect via USB to PC. We don’t know the reason, but it seems some controllers such as PS4 controller can’t get to work wirelessly. You can try to plug in and play with your controller to see if it works, if not, move to the next method.
Method 2: Change Steam settings
Steam has added initial support for the DualSense controller, it’s the easiest way to get your controller working on PC, even for non-Steam games. If you didn’t enable the settings, your controller may not work well on Battlefield 2042.
If you don’t know how to do it, follow the steps below:
1) Open Steam and log in. Then click Big Picture Mode on the upper-right corner.
2) Click Settings in the top right corner.
3) Select Controller Settings.
4) You’ll see your PS5 will be listed as Wireless Controller.
5) Click Wireless Controller and you can assign each button and save the configuration.
6) Click the power button and select Exit Big Picture mode.
7) Enjoy your games with your PS5 controller on Steam!
You can also use Steam’s control support for games from other stores or even emulators.
Click Games on the upper left corner and click Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.
Now you can enjoy non-Steam games with your PS5 controller.
Method 3: Update your drivers
If your controller is connected wirelessly, make sure your Bluetooth adaper is running perfectly. If the drivers are corrupted or outdated on your PC, you may encounter various issues including controller not working on PC.
If you’re not sure about it or you don’t know how to do it manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and Install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and hit the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the Bluetooth adapter driver to automatically download the correct version, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
When your Bluetooth adapter is ready, let’s get your controller connected to the PC.
Method 4: Turn off DS4Windows
Some gamers reported they got their controller to work by turning off DS4Windows and just connect the controller to PC. So if you have installed DS4 Windows on your PC, exit it completely and check if it works.
If not, reinstall DS4Windows might be the final solution.
Method 5: Reinstall DS4Windows
There are gamers said they finally fix the issue by reinstalling DS4 Window and now controller works fine.
1) Type control panel on search bar and open it.
2) Set Control Panel view by Category, then click Uninstall a program.
3) Right-click on DS4Windows and click Uninstall.
4) Go to DS4Windows website and download the tool.
5) In the open window, download the latest and compatible version for your PC.
6) Extract the file, then double click the DS4Windows.
7) Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
8) Reconnet your controller on PC to play Battlefield 2042.
That’s all about the methods for controller not working on Battlefield 2042, hope this post would help and you can enjoy the game with your controller.