You used your Dell laptop
yesterday and it was working fine, but today when you press the power button as usual, your Dell laptop won’t turn on. And you’re wondering what you did wrong. Don’t panic; it probably has nothing to do with you. The power can create problems itself. But don’t worry, you can fix it.
Many people fixed their Dell laptop won’t turn on
issue by draining residual power
. Here’s what you need to do:
- Disconnect the AC adapter or power cord.
- Remove the battery.
- Press and hold down the power button for 15-20 seconds to drain residual power.
- Reconnect the AC adapter and the battery.
- Try to turn on your Dell laptop. If the residual power was causing the problem, your laptop should work like a charm now.
If these steps don’t help, there are other things you can check for:
- The power source — try changing the power source.
- The power cord — try your cord in another device, or try another device’s cord in your laptop.
- The battery — repeat step 1), 2), 3), but in step 4) connect the AC adapter and try to power on your laptop without the battery. If the battery was causing the problem, your PC should work properly now.
- overheating — make sure your laptop is in a properly ventilated place, and nothing is blocking the vents.
Hopefully these tips can help you sort out the problem.
If you’ve just helped your constant companion — your Dell laptop — recover from pseudo-death, congratulations! It’s not easy to maintain a friendship, even with your PC. Then, with it back to “life”, you’d better scan your system regularly for the sake of its well being. One of the projects you should check for is driver issues — make sure all the device drivers on your Dell laptop are up to date, to avoid other death-like symptoms.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update all your device drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE
or the Pro
version of Driver Easy. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks
– easy even if you’re a computer newbie:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to a flagged driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
- You may need to restart your PC for the installation process to finish.
Note: If you have any issue with Driver Easy, you can contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com. They’d be happy to assist you. Please attach the URL of this article so they can help you better.
Driver Easy may seem like a specialist consultant for your Dell laptop:)