Just now, your PC suddenly turns into a blue screen. It tells you win32kfull.sys fails with a stop code. The stop code can be different, it could be any one listed below or others:
This is very frustrating. But don’t panic. Here’s a list of solutions to try.
.sys files are coming with Windows operating system. Most .sys files are real mode device drivers, ensuring the successful communication between your PC hardware and Windows system. The left are critical system files, called kernel mode device drivers. These are essential for booting your Windows operating system. win32kfull.sys is one of kernel mode device drivers. Any .sys error can cause serious damage, the most common one, like in your case, blue screen of death error.
In this part, we will list top 5 easy solutions for you to try to solve the win32kfull.sys blue screen error. You may not have to try them all; just work you way down the list until you solve your problem.
- Update all your available drivers
- Update your Windows system
- Run System File Checker
- Reinstall your newly installed program
- Check your RAM
win32kfull.sys error could be probably caused by the related driver software. You’re very likely to solve this problem by updating your device drivers.
There are two ways you can update your device drivers: manually or automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update your drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for your devices, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your variant of Windows versions. In this way, you will need to check the update for your devices one by one.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find all the available correct drivers, and it will download and install them correctly:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to any flagged driver to automatically download and install the correct version of that driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
4) After updating drivers, please restart your computer to make the new drivers take effect. Check to see if the blue screen is gone.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Microsoft is trying to repair and improving the Windows system file every now and then. You can get the improvement through updating your Windows. Installing the available Windows update sometimes can help you solve the nagging win32kfull.sys error. Follow the instructions below:
1) Type update in the search box from Start. Then click Check for updates from the results.
2) Click Check for updates.
3) Windows should then check for updates and install if any available updates are detected automatically.
4) Reboot your Windows 10 and check to see if the win32kfull.sys error is gone.
1) Type update in the search box from Start. Then click Check for updates.
2) Click Check for updates.
3) Windows should then check for updates automatically. If there’s any update available, click Install updates.
4) Reboot your Windows 7 and check to see if the win32kfull.sys error is gone.
System File Checker is a useful tool in the Windows system to help you scan for and repair any corruptions of your system files. Your win32kfull.sys file is no exception.
To run System File Checker:
1) Type cmd in the search box from Start. Then on your keyboard, hold Ctrl + shift (at the same time), meanwhile click Command Prompt (Windows 10) or cmd (Windows 7) from the result.
2) Click Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
3) On the open black window, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
4) Windows should then start to scan for and repair your system files automatically. This will take some time, usually around 15 minutes. Wait till the Verification 100% complete.
5) When it completes, restart your computer and check to see if the win32kfull.sys error is gone.
If you confront the win32kfull.sys blue screen error after you install a new program on your Windows, it’s very likely there’s an error to the program and it causes the blue screen error. Follow the guide here to uninstall and re-install your newly installed program.
To uninstall your newly installed program:
1) Type features in the search box from Start. Then click Apps & features (Windows 10) or Programs and Features (Windows 7).
2) Select your newly installed program, then click Uninstall.
3) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall.
To re-install the program:
Please download the installation file of the program from its official website or Microsoft store. Do not download programs from any unsafe website. When downloaded, install the program on your computer.
Then restart your computer and check to see if the win32kfull.sys error is gone.
RAM (Random-access memory) is a form of computer data storage. Corruptions in RAM may also cause the win32kfull.sys blue screen error. You can solve it by checking your RAM.
Before checking, please remove the memory of the one you have newly installed if you do so. Check if the error disappears after the removal. If the error is gone, please replace a new memory. Instead, go on to check your RAM.
Follow these to check your RAM:
1) Important: Save your work and close programs on your Windows.
2) Type memory in the search box from Start.
3) Click Restart now and check for problems.
4) Your windows should then restart and check RAM.
5) When it’s done, check to see if the win32kfull.sys error is gone.
So far, you should have solved your problem now. Share with others which solution helps you or, if you have any questions, feel free to tell us via the comment below.