Astro A50 Mic Not Working [FIXED]
Your Astro A50 headset microphone is not working properly? You’re not the only one! Many users are having the same issue. This is incredibly frustrating; you can’t talk to people on your headset. But don’t worry. It can be fixed…
Fixes to try
Here are three fixes for you to try. You may not have to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Your Astro A50 mic may not be working because it’s disabled or not set as the default device on your computer, or the microphone volume is set to a very low value so it can’t record your sound clearly. To check these settings:
- Hold down the Windows logo key and press the R key on your keyboard at the same time to bring up the Run dialog, then type “control” and press Enter.
- In Control Panel, select Large icons from the View by drop down menu.
- Select Sound.
- Select the Recording tab, then right click on any empty place inside the device list and tick Show Disabled Devices.
- Right click the Headset Microphone and click Enable.
- Right click it again and select Set as Default Device.
- Right click Headset Microphone and click Properties.
- Click the Levels tab, then drag the volume slider towards the largest value.
- Click OK, then click OK.
Now that the microphone of your headset is enabled and set as the default device, and you’ve turned up your microphone volume, try it and see if it works. If it does, then you’ve solved the problem.
The mic on your Astro A50 headset won’t work if you’re using an incorrect or outdated audio or headset driver. So you should update the driver to see if that fixes the issue.
You can update your driver manually or automatically. The manual process is time consuming, technical and risky, so we won’t cover it here. Nor do we recommend it unless you have excellent computer knowledge.Updating your driver automatically, on the other hand, is very easy. Simply install and run Driver Easy, and it will automatically find all the devices on your PC that need new drivers, and install them for you. Here’s how to use it.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to your sound device or your headset to download the latest and correct driver for it.
You can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer. (This requires the Pro version — if you don’t already have it, you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Once you’ve updated the driver for your Astro A50 headset, restart your computer. Then log in again and see if the microphone is working.
If your headset microphone is still not working, it’s likely there are hardware issues with your computer or your headset. In this case, there are a few things you need to do.
First, try connecting your headset to another port on your computer. This will resolve any problems you might be experiencing due to the port you’re using.
If changing the port doesn’t work for you, connect your headset to another computer and see if this fixes your microphone. If it does, then you should contact the vendor of your computer for advice.
If nothing above helps you, the issues may be on your headset. Then you should contact Astro for support or have your headset serviced.