If you’re experiencing Discord no audio issues when streaming your screen, here’s how to fix Discord sound problems easily.
8 fixes to try:
You may not have to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works.
- Restart your computer
- Update Discord
- Update your audio driver
- Clear Discord Cache
- Disable your antivirus temporarily
- Reset the voice settings on Discord
- Add the program you want to share to Discord
- Reinstall Discord
Fix 1: Restart your computer
Some programs running on your computer may conflict with Discord, causing sound problems for you. To see if that’s the core issue, restart your computer to wipe away the current state of the software.
Relaunch Discord after the reboot. If you still aren’t getting any sound during screen sharing, try the next fix.
Fix 2: Update Discord
The developers of Discord release regular updates to fix bugs. If you don’t have any sound at all during Discord screen sharing, it’s possible that a recent update has stopped Discord from working correctly, and that a new update is required to fix it.
Follow the instructions to check for Discord updates:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog
2) Type %localappdata% and click OK.
3) Double-click Discord.
4) Double click Update.exe and wait for the update process to be complete.
5) Relaunch Discord to test your issue.
If the audio is still missing when you’re streaming, go to the next fix below.
Fix 3: Update your audio driver
One of the most common causes of the Discord no audio problem during screen sharing is the missing or outdated audio driver.
You can update your device drivers manually, if you’re happy to do them one at a time. But this takes quite a while. Or you can update them all with just a couple of clicks with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the audio driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
4) Check if Discord is running properly now.
If the audio isn’t coming back, try the next method, below.
Fix 4: Clear Discord Roaming data
Improper account settings and temporary Discord files can also cause audio to fail when you’re running Discord. Try clearing Discord Roaming data to see if it fixes your issue:
1) Exit Discord completely.
2) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type %appdata%. Then, press the Enter key.
3) Right-click Discord, then select Delete.
4) Relaunch Discord to test your issue.
If the sound is still missing during streaming, read on and try the fix, below.
Fix 5: Disable your antivirus temporarily
If there is no sound at all while streaming in Discord, it’s unlikely that your antivirus is the core problem, but you should rule out the possibility. Temporarily disable your antivirus program and check if the problem persists. (Consult your antivirus documentation for instructions on disabling it.)
If Discord works properly after you disable the antivirus software, contact the vendor of your antivirus software and ask them for advice, or install a different antivirus solution.
Fix 6: Reset Discord voice settings
Improper Discord voice settings can cause errors like this. If you’ve recently altered discord settings and the audio isn’t working after then. Try resetting the voice settings to default to see if it fixes the issue. Here is how:
1) Run Discord, and then click the Settings icon.
2) Click Voice & Video, then Reset Voice Settings.
3) Click Okay.
4) Try sharing your screen again to test your issue.
If there’s still no audio when you’re sharing your screen, try the next fix.
Fix 7: Add the program you want to share to Discord
To share your screen properly, make sure the program you want to stream is added to Discord. If you haven’t already done so, follow the instructions below:
1) Run Discord and the program you want to share.
2) Click the Settings icon.
3) Click the Game Activity tab, and then click Add it.
4) Click the box to open the drop-down menu, and then select the program you want to share.
5) Click Add Game.
6) Make sure you turn on the toggle next to OVERLAY.
If you’re still facing Discord screen-share no audio error, try the fix below.
Fix 8: Reinstall Discord
If none of the fixes above worked for you, your problem might be caused by corrupted or damaged Discord files. In this case, reinstalling Discord is very likely the solution to your issue. Follow the instructions below:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key. Then, type control and click Control Panel.
2) Under View by, click Category, and then select Uninstall a program.
3) Right-click Discord and click Uninstall.
4) Download Discord. Then, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Discord.
5) Relaunch Discord to see if the sound came back.
Hopefully, one of the fixes above helped in resolving your problem. Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions and suggestions.