If you’re on Windows 10 and your Bluetooth devices are not showing, don’t panic. Here are 4 solutions to try.
Try these fixes:
You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick for you.
- Remove all Bluetooth device
- Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
- Set the Bluetooth support service to automatic
- Update your Bluetooth driver
Fix 1: Remove all Bluetooth devices
If you’ve connected multiple Bluetooth devices to your PC, chances are that one or more of your devices is preventing your PC from detecting other Bluetooth devices.
To see if that’s the problem for you, try removing all Bluetooth devices on your computer and pair only the desired devices. Here is how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows Logo Key.
2) Type control panel, then hit the Enter key.
3) Under View by, select Category, then click View devices and printers.
4) Right-click your Bluetooth device and select Remove device.
5) Click Add a device to see if your Bluetooth works properly now.
If your problem persists, then move on and try the fix below.
Fix 2: Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
Another quick fix to this problem is running the Bluetooth troubleshooter. The Bluetooth troubleshooter is a Windows built-in utility that can detect and fix common Bluetooth issues automatically.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type troubleshoot. Then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
2) Select Bluetooth, then click Run the troubleshooter.
3) Wait for this process to be complete. Then, try pairing your Bluetooth devices to your PC again.
If your Bluetooth still won’t discover devices, then read on and try the next fix.
Fix 3: Set the Bluetooth support service
You’re likely to encounter the Bluetooth not detecting devices error if the Bluetooth service isn’t running properly on your PC. To see if that’s the core issue, follow the instructions below:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time.
2) Type services.msc, then hit the Enter key.
3) Right-click Bluetooth Support Service. If the service is running, click Restart; if the service isn’t running, click Start.
4) Right-click Bluetooth Support Service and select Properties.
5) Set the Startup Type to Automatic, then click OK.
6) Try connecting your Bluetooth devices to test your problem.
If your issue continues to occur, then try the next solution, below.
Fix 4: Update Bluetooth driver
You might run into this issue when you’re using a faulty Bluetooth driver, or the driver is outdated. Try updating your Bluetooth driver to see if that’s the problem for you.
There are two ways you can get the right driver for your Bluetooth: manually or automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update your driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for your Bluetooth, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only driver that is compatible with your Windows version.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your device, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the Bluetooth driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
4) Restart your PC, then try reconnecting your Bluetooth devices to test your issue.
Hopefully, this article helped in resolving your issue. Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.