Direct3D Acceleration Not Available [Solved]
Direct3D, as part of DirectX, is a graphics application programming interface (API) for Windows. It’s used to render three-dimensional objects in applicatioins, including games, and allows them to be run in full-screen mode.
If you receive an error message that says, “Your video adapter does not have the 3D Acceleration option“, or “Your video adapter does not meet the game requirements.”
It may be because:
- Direct3D Acceleration is disabled,
- The latest version of DirectX is not installed or is damaged,
- You use an out-of-date driver for your graphics card,
- Your computer does not meet the minimum 3D hardware requirements to run the application,
How to fix Direct3D Acceleration not available
Solution 2: Update your graphics card driver
Solution 3: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributables
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand
R key at the same time to invoke the Run box.
Type dxdiag and click OK.
In DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click on the Display tab to see if Direct3D Acceleration is enabled. If not, click to enable it.
- Click on the System tab to check your DirectX Version. If it doesn’t meet the requirement (DirectX 9.0 and later), you should update your DirectX version in your system. Updating DirectX varies from Windows versions.
If you’re using Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, you’ll need to update and install the latest DirectX; While if you’re using Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP, you should install a service pack to update. Check the Microsoft support to update DirectX in different Windows system: How to install the latest version of DirectX.
- Run the application or game you initially had problem with to see if it’s working properly now.
This should fix the Direct3D Not Available issue. if the issue persists, don’t worry, there are some other solutions you can try.
Graphics card driver issues can cause the Direct3D Not Available problem. If the driver is faulty or outdated, it can prevent a software or game running in your PC. To better troubleshoot the problem, you should make sure the driver for your graphics card is up to date.
There are two ways to update your graphics card driver:
Option 1 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Graphic cards manufacturers keep updating drivers. To get them, you need to go to the manufacturer’s website, find the drivers corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 32 bit) and download the driver manually.
Once you’ve downloaded the correct drivers for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your graphics card driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
Click the Update button next to the flagged graphics card driver to automatically download the correct version of it, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. With the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
- Restart your computer to take effect.
If updating drivers didn’t resolve the problem, there’s another method for you to try.
You can also try to reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributables packages in your computer. Here’s how:
- Press the Windows logo key+
R keyto open the Run box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- You can see all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages installed in your computer. Right click on the one you want to uninstall, and click Uninstall, then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall it.
- When the uninstallation is finished, you can go to the Windows download page to download the corresponding Visual C++ Redistributable packages.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- Restart your computer to see if the application where you encountered the error message is working properly.
The above are 3 practical solutions to fix the Direct3D Not Available issue in your Windows PC. Hopefully they help you out.