Drivers for Seagate Backup Plus [Tips]
If you’re using a Seagate Backup Plus portable drive, updating your drivers on your PC to the latest version, in most cases, is a good choice, because it can not only keep it in a good condition but also bring out its best performance.
But you should still update the drivers for the related devices, and one of the most important devices is the USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller.
To update your device driver:
Try the easy methods below to update your device driver:
To update your driver manually, you need to download the driver file from its official website and then install it on your computer on your own.
In most cases, you can download the driver file for the USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller from the official website of your PC manufacturer. Since there are so many PC manufacturers, and the instruction of downloading driver files from the official website is similar, in this article, we’ll show you how to download Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver.
If the CPU of your PC is from Intel, follow the instructions below to download the driver file for the USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller.
- Click here to visit Intel Download center.
- In the search bar, type USB and select Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver.
- Click the link according to your CPU series and your Operating system to open the download page.
- Click the download link to download.
- Extract the .zip file you downloaded. Right-click the file Setup.exe and select Run as administrator to install the driver.
- Restart your PC.
Plug your Seagate Backup Plus portable drive into the USB 3.0 port on your PC. Try copying a large file to your Seagate Backup Plus portable drive. Normally, you’ll get an obvious speed boost.
You can also update your driver with Device Manager. Here’s how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog, then type devmgmt.msc and press Enter on your keyboard to open Device manager.
- If your PC is running Windows 10, double click Universal Serial Bus controller to expand the list, right-click Inter(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller (or USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller) and then click Update driver.If your PC is running Windows 7, you may need to download the driver file for the USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller from the official website of your PC manufacturer and then install it manually on your PC.
- Click Close when Windows tells you that the best drivers for your device are already installed.
- Restart your PC.
Connect your Seagate Backup Plus portable drive to the USB 3.0 port on your PC, and try copying a large file to your Seagate Backup Plus portable drive. If everything is OK, you’ll get an obvious speed boost.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the drivers for the related devices of your Seagate Backup Plus portable drive manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to the device whose name contains “USB 3.0 Controller” to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can install it manually. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).If you have any issue with Driver Easy, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice. You should attach the URL of this article so they can help you better.