If you ever run into this Graphics Device Driver Error Code 43 error in your graphics device, don’t worry. It’s often not hard to fix at all…
How To Fix Graphics Device Driver Error Code 43
Here are 4 fixes that have helped other users resolve the Graphics Device Driver Error Code 43 issue. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
This problem may occur if you’re using the wrong or outdated graphics driver. So you should update your graphics driver to see if it fixes the issue. If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the Free or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
- Check to see if the Graphics Device Driver Error Code 43 error has been resolved. If yes, then great! If the issue remains, please move on to Fix 2, below.
If Fix 1 doesn’t help with the code 43 problem(say you already have the most up-to-date graphics driver), then chances are it’s incorrectly installed/ corrupted. So we can try reinstalling the driver and see if the problem gets solved. To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type devmgmt.msc into the box and press Enter.
- Locate and double-click on Display adapters (aka. Graphics card, Video card). Then right-click on the item right below and click Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstall in the pop-up window.
- After the uninstall, right-click on the name of your PC and click Scan for hardware changes.
- Double-click on your graphics card again to check if you can see “This device is working properly” on Device Manager. If yes, then congrats – you’ve fixed the problem. If it is still the same Graphics Device Driver Error Code 43 message, please try Fix 3, below.
Sometimes the Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43) issue can be fixed by power cycling your PC, which is mainly about shutting down your PC and then disconnecting it from the power source before you turn it back on again. To do so:
- Power off your PC.
- Disconnect your PC from ALL power supplies (power cables for a desktop PC; AC adapter and battery for a laptop PC).
- Long press the power button for at least 30 seconds and wait for 10 minutes.
- Reconnect your PC with power supplies(power cables for a desktop PC; AC adapter and battery for a laptop PC).
- Power on your PC.
- Check to see if your graphics card works properly.
Graphics Device Driver Error Code 43 issue still persists, please try Fix 4, below.
BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) performs the hardware initialization and jumpstarts the processes during the booting process of your computer. So we can try updating our BIOS to see if it solves this code 43 issue.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then copy & paste msinfo32 into the box and press Enter.
- In the information in BIOS Version/Date and go to the manufacturer’s official website.
- Check out the Support (or Download) section and search for the latest BIOS update.
- Download the file and install it properly.
- Restart your computer and check if this Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43) message disappears.
Hopefully you have successfully resolved the graphics device driver error code 43 issue by now. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, please let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!