Graphics Device Driver Error Code 43 [SOLVED]
If you ever run into this Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43) error in your graphics device, don’t worry. Many users have reported the same.
The good news is, you can fix it easily!
Try these fixes
All the fixes below work in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7. Just work your way down the list until the graphics device driver error code 43 problem goes away.
Perhaps the most common cause of the ‘Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)’ error is an outdated/corrupted/faulty graphics driver.
Fortunately, this is also one of the easiest problems to fix.
There are two ways to update your video driver: manually and automatically.
Update your graphics driver manually – You can update your drivers manually by going to the manufacturers’ official websites, and searching for the latest drivers for all your video card. But if you take this approach, be sure to choose the drivers that are compatible with the exact model number of your hardware, and your version of Windows system.
Update your graphics driver automatically – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your computer and hopefully your graphics device works without fail now.
If Fix 1 doesn’t help with the code 43 problem(say you already have the most up-to-date graphics driver), then chances are it’s incorrectly installed/ corrupted. So we can try reinstalling the driver and see if the problem gets solved. To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type devmgmt.msc into the box and press Enter.
- Locate and double-click on Display adapters (aka. Graphics card, Video card). Then right-click on the item right below and click Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstall in the pop-up window.
- After the uninstall, right-click on the name of your PC and click Scan for hardware changes.
- Double-click on your graphics card again and hopefully you see the This device is working properly message under Device status.
Sometimes the Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43) issue can be fixed by power cycling your PC, which is mainly about shutting down your PC and then disconnecting it from the power source before you turn it back on again. To do so:
- Power off your PC.
- Disconnect your PC from ALL power supplies (power cables for a desktop PC; AC adapter and battery for a laptop PC).
- Long press the power button for at least 30 seconds and wait for 10 minutes.
- Reconnect your PC with power supplies(power cables for a desktop PC; AC adapter and battery for a laptop PC).
- Power on your PC and hopefully your graphics card works with any errors.
BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) performs the hardware initialization and jumpstarts the processes during the booting process of your computer. So we can try updating our BIOS to see if it solves this code 43 issue.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then copy & paste msinfo32 into the box and press Enter.
- In the information in BIOS Version/Date and go to the manufacturer’s official website.
- Check out the Support (or Download) section and search for the latest BIOS update.
- Download the file and install it properly.
- Restart your computer and check if this Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43) message disappears.
There you go – top 4 fixes for your graphics device driver error code 43 in your Windows 10, 8 and 7. Hope this helps and feel free to drop us a comment below if you have any further questions or ideas to share with us. ?