No Suitable Graphics Card Found [Best Fixes]
Find a suitable graphics card right for your Windows OS!
The graphics card issue is for sure a big problem for gamers on Windows. Imagine that you are going to play Terraria or Stardew Valley on your PC, and you open and launch the game with excitement and expectations, but only to see the error message below, isn’t it a big disappointment?!
How do I fix no suitable graphics card found issue?
What is Graphics Card and why this problem happens
A Graphics card is referred to video card, video adapter, and display adapter as well. It connects to the motherboard of a computer system and generates output images to display. If you want to watch movies or play games on your computer, a dedicated graphics card can greatly improve the quality of the graphics.
No Suitable Graphics Card Found error occurs usually because the developer changes the settings of the game, or your graphics card adapter is not suitable for the display anymore. So you can follow the solutions below to solve the issue.
Restarting your PC helps your PC to check through the system and automatically update your Windows, then the problem may be automatically resolved.
1) Restart your PC.
2) After restarting, open the game again and see if the problem is resolved.
If the problem persists, please try the following solutions until you find the way that works.
Note: All the screen shots below are shown on Windows 10, but the fixes also apply to Windows 7&8.
The Config.dat file is created by the game manufacturer that primarily stores settings that are chosen via the game’s settings menu. Generally speaking, the Config.dat file resides here: Documents\My Games\the name of your game (like Terraria).
1) Go to Documents > My Games.
2) Click the file named after your game (like Terraria)
3) Right click the config.dat file, click delete, and click Yes. (Please don’t worry. This will not affect your game. And it will download the Config.dat file again when you play it.)
4) Restart your PC and open your game again.
This problem may occur due to the missing or outdated drivers of your graphics card. So updating the drivers can probably fix this problem.
There are two ways you can update your graphics card driver:
You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way, because you need to find exactly the right the driver online, download it and install it step by step.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the graphics card driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
With Driver Easy, neither you have to search and find what drivers needed in your PC, nor to update drivers step by step. It can considerably help with almost all the issues related to drivers.
Furthermore, you can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or Pro version of Driver Easy. It only takes 2 simple clicks with the Pro version (and you will get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Then Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update button next to the driver name to download and install the correct driver (you can do that with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the problem drivers (you can do that with Pro version, and you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) After updating driver, restart your PC, and open your game to see if it works.
Note: You can also try to restore drivers to previous status to solve the problem. First of all, you need to backup drivers in your PC (Pro version required), and then click Driver Restore in Tools section.
If your problem still persists, and you are not sure what to do, please feel free to leave us a comment below and we will see what more we can do to help. At the same time, if you have another solution for this problem, please don’t hesitate to share with us to help more people.