Fix Vertical Lines on Laptop Screen. Easily!
If you ever have the vertical line on laptop screen issue, don’t worry. It’s often quite easy to fix…
3 Fixes for Vertical Lines on Laptop Screen
All the fixes below work in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7. You may not have to try all of them; just work your way down the list until the vertical lines problem is resolved.
This problem may occur if you are using the outdated/faulty device drivers. So you should update your driver to see if it fixes your problem. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your computer and see if the vertical lines on screen issue has been fixed. If yes, then great! But if the problem persists, move on to Fix 2, below.
Another trick you can try is to adjust your screen to the recommended resolution. Here’s how:
- Right-click on the empty area of your desktop and click Display settings.
- In Resolution, click the drop-down menu and make sure the recommended resolution is selected. Then see if the vertical lines disappear.
- Right-click on the empty area of your desktop screen and click Screen resolution.
- Adjust the screen resolution and see if the vertical lines disappear.
If the fixes above didn’t help with the problem, then it’s most likely a hardware problem. You can power off the computer and then gently wipe across the screen with cotton balls. Be sure to proceed with caution so as not to cause any further damage to your laptop.
If all else fails, you might have to take it to a computer repair shop to have it looked at professionally.
That’s it – 3 easy fixes for your vertical lines on laptop screen problem. Hope it helps and feel free to comment below if you have any further questions. 🙂