Cortana Not Working? [Solved]
Cortana not working? I believe it’s one of your pet hates. Don’t panic. Usually it’s an easy problem to fix.
How do I fix Cortana not working?
Here are 5 methods you can try to fix this glitch. Please work your way down the list until you find the that works.
- Reboot your Windows 10 PC
- Check your region and language settings
- Make sure your Windows 10 system is up-to-date
- Update your Microphone driver and audio driver
- Reset Cortana
A simple restart can fix a lot computer woes. Once Cortana stops working on your computer, firstly try to restart your Windows 10 PC and try Cortana again to see if it works.
If your region and language settings is mistaken or changed by accident, your Cortana can’t work.
Check your region and language settings on your computer:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time to open the Settings window.
2) Click Time & language.
3) Click Region & language.
4) Make sure the region and language settings is matched with yours.
5) Try Cortana again to see if it works.
If your Windows 10 system is old, you may not be able to use Cortana either. To check for updates on your Windows 10 PC:
1) Type update in the search box from Start. Then click Check for updates on the top.
2) Click Check for updates.
3) Install the available updates.
4) Reboot your Windows 10 PC and try Cortana again to see if it works.
This problem could be also caused by an old or incorrect Microphone driver or audio driver. You can update your drivers to solve this problem.
To update your drivers, you can download the correct latest ones from your computer manufacturer’s website.
if you’re not confident with playing around drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to all flagged drivers to automatically download and install the correct version of their driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Reboot your Windows 10 and try Cortana again to see if it works.
The methods above may resolve your problem. But if they all fails, don’t be frustrated, follow these to reset your Cortana:
1) Type Cortana in the search box from Start and click Cortana & Search settings from the top.
2) Click the button beside On in Hey Cortana to turn off it. You should then see the Off status.
3) Click the same button again to turn on Cortana. You should the see the On status again.
4) Try Cortana again to see if it works.