Recently many Forza Horizon 3 players on PC have reported that their Forza Horizon 3 keeps crashing when they launch it or when they are in the middle of the game. It is really annoying! But don’t worry! The good news is you can fix it!
We’ve put together some methods to help you fix the problem. We believe one of these methods can resolve this annoying issue for you!
Fixes to try
The following are a few methods for you to try. You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Disable your microphone for your Forza Horizon 3
- Reset your Forza Horizon 3
- Delete the temporary files of your Forza Horizon 3
- Add your Forza Horizon 3 as an exception to your third-party antivirus application
- Update your graphics driver to the latest version
- Perform a clean boot
- Update your Windows system to the latest version
- Reinstall your Forza Horizon 3
If you’ve enabled your microphone for Forza Horizon 3, it may be the cause of the crash issue. Just disable it to see whether the game will keep crashing or not. Here is how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time to open the Windows Settings, and then click Privacy.
- Toggle off the microphone for Forza Horizon 3.
- Reboot your Windows system and run the game again.
If this fix works, your Forza Horizon 3 won’t crash. If not, please try the next fix.
If this issue still persists after you disabled the microphone for your Forza Horizon 3, reset your Forza Horizon 3 to ensure the game reverts to its default settings. Here is how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time to open the Windows Settings, and then click Apps.
- Select Forza Horizon 3 and click Advanced options.
- Click Reset to reset your Forza Horizon 3.
- Launch the game and play it again.
If it won’t crash, you’ve already fixed this annoying issue! If not, there are more solutions below for you to try.
The corruption of the temporary files can also trigger this issue. Follow the step-by-step instruction below to delete the temporary files of the game and this issue may be fixed:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time to open the Windows Settings, and then click System.
- Select Storage and click This PC (C:).
- Click Temporary files.
- Make sure you’ve checked Temporary files, Temporary Internet Files and Delivery Optimization Files. Then click Remove files.
- Restart your Windows system. Launch and play the game to see if it still keeps crash.
If not, congratulations! You’ve resolve this issue. If this annoying issue persists, just try the next fix below.
This annoying issue may also be caused by your third-party antivirus application. Since the third-party antivirus application hooks very deep into your system, it may interfere with your game.
Since your Forza Horizon 3 consumes a lot of memory and CPU usage when you’re playing the game, many third-party antivirus application may regard it as a potential thread and your game may not run as expected. You can try to add your Forza Horizon 3 as an exception to your third-party antivirus application. Many PC players have resolved this issue by this fix.
Updating your graphics driver to the latest version can make your game run smoother and prevents many issues or errors. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update your driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to your graphics card to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can install it manually. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
You may need to perform a clean boot if this issue persists. The clean boot is a troubleshooting technique that allows you to manually disable startups and services so that you can find out the problematic software that makes your game keep crashing. Once you find it out, just uninstall it, and then the this issue will be solved. Here’s how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run Dialog. Type msconfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Select the Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services and then click Disable all.
- Select the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disabled.
- Go back to the System Configuration window and click OK.
- Click Restart to restart your PC.
Restart your PC and run your Forza Horizon 3 to check whether the problem reappears. If not, you need to open the System Configuration window again to enable services and applications one by one until you find the problematic software. After enabling each services, you need to restart your PC to apply the changes.
Once you find out the problematic software that make the game keep crashing, you need to uninstall it in order to resolve this issue.
Sometimes the crash issue may occur if your Windows system is not the latest version. Update your Windows system and this issue may get resolved. Here is how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type update. In the list of results, click Check for updates to open Windows Update window.
- Click the Check for updates button to update your Windows system.
- Restart your PC when the Windows update process is completed.
If this fix works, your game won’t keep crashing again. If not, you may need to reinstall the game to resolve the problem.
If all the fixes above still don’t work, it’s time to uninstall your Forza Horizon 3 and reinstall it. Here is how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type Forza Horizon 3. When you see Forza Horizon 3 in the list of results, right-click it and then select Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall to uninstall your Forza Horizon 3.
- Open the Store app. In the search bar, type Forza Horizon 3 and click the Search button.
- Select the game you purchased before to start installing the game. Launch the game to see if it will still keep crashing. Hopefully, you will be able to resolve this annoying issue by reinstalling the game.
Now, you can enjoy the game! Please leave your comment below if you have any questions!