Fix Presonus AudioBox USB Driver Issue Easily & Quickly
Easily & Quick Ways to Get the Correct Presonus AudioBox USB Drivers
If your new Presonus AudioBox can’t connect with your Windows PC successfully, you would be very frustrated. But don’t panic, in this post, you’ll learn how to get the correct Presonus AudioBox USB driver to ensure your new Presonus AudioBox work fine with your Windows.
How can I get the correct Presonus AudioBox USB driver?
You can get the correct Presonus AudioBox USB driver manually by going to the official Presonus website, and searching for the most recent correct driver for each. Be sure to choose only driver that are compatible with your variant of Windows system versions.
1) Go to the official Presonus website.
2) Find the driver download page. It’s usually under the Support section.
3) Select the model number of your Presonus device.
4) Select your Windows system, then click Download Now Button to download the latest driver.
5) Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver on your Windows.
6) Restart your computer to make the new driver take effect.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your Presonus AudioBox. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update next to a flagged Presonus driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer to make the new driver take effect.