Ring of Elysium keeps crashing at startup, or it constantly closes to desktop in the middle of the game?
This is extremely frustrating and you’re certainly not alone! Many players are reporting it. But the good news is that you can fix it. Here are 10 solutions to try.
10 Simple fixes to try:
Here is a list of fixes that have resolved this issue for many players. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Meet the minimum system requirements
- Run your game as an Administrator
- End unnecessary programs
- Install the latest game patch
- Verify the integrity of your game files
- Update your graphics driver
- Optimize your in-game settings
- Change the power settings
- Configure your graphics settings
- Reinstall your game and/or Steam
Fix 1: Meet the minimum system requirements
If you’re gaming on the PC, it’s important that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run Ring of Elysium.
OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Processor: Intel i3 8130U(2Cores, 2.3GHz) or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 or equivalent
Storage: 10 GB available space
If your computer fails to meet the minimum requirements, you should skip the following fixes and run your game on another computer. Here is how to view your hardware information:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialog.
2) Type dxdiag and click OK.
3) Check the information of your operating system, processor and memory.
4) Click the Display tab, and then check your graphics card’s information.
If your computer meets the minimum requirements, read on and check the fix, below.
Fix 2: Run your game as an Administrator
Ring of Elysium or Steam sometimes can’t access certain game files on your computer under normal user mode, which could result in the crashing issue. To see if that’s the problem for you, try running Steam as an administrator, then launch your game from Steam. Follow the instructions below:
1) Exit Steam.
2) Right-click the Steam icon on your desktop and select Properties.
3) Click the Compatibility tab and check the box next to Run this program as an administrator. Then, click OK.
4) Relaunch Steam and Ring of Elysium to test your issue.
You can hopefully run the game without crashing now. If the problem still exists, then go ahead with the fix below.
Fix 3: End unnecessary background programs
Some programs, especially overlay apps like Discord, may conflict with Ring of Elysium or Steam, causing your game to crash. So, you should turn off unnecessary processes while you’re gaming. Here is how to do it:
If you’re on Windows 7…
1) Right-click your taskbar and select Start Task Manager.
2) Click the Processes tab. Then, check your current CPU and memory usage to see what processes are consuming your resources most.
3) Right-click the resource-consuming process and select End Process Tree.
Try relaunching your game to see if this has resolved your issue. If this didn’t help, try fix4.
If you’re on Windows 8 or 10…
1) Right-click your taskbar and select Task Manager.
2) Check your current CPU and memory usage to see what processes are consuming your resources most.
3) Right-click the resource-consuming process and select End task.
Try launching Ring of Elysium to see if it works properly now. If not, read on and check the next fix.
Fix 4: Install the latest game patch
The developers of Ring of Elysium release regular game patches to fix bugs. It’s possible that a recent patch has stopped your game from running smoothly, and that a new patch is required to fix it.
To check if there is any update, go to the Ring of Elysium official website and search for the latest patch. If a patch is available, install it, then run Ring of Elysium again to check whether your problem has been resolved. If it hasn’t, or there was no new game patch available, move on to fix 5, below.
Fix 5: Verify the integrity of your game files
Ring of Elysium may crash when a certain game file is damaged or missing. To fix it, try verifying the integrity of your game files on the Steam client. Here is how to do it:
1) Run Steam.
2) Click LIBRARY.
3) Right-click Ring of Elysium and select Properties.
4) Click the LOCAL FILES tab, then click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES.
Wait for the scans to be complete, then relaunch Ring of Elysium to see if your problem has been resolved. If not, try the next fix.
Fix 6: Update your graphics driver
One of the most common causes of the Ring of Elysium crashing issue is an outdated graphics driver. To keep your game running smoothly, it’s essential that you have the latest correct graphics driver at all times.
There are two ways you can update your graphics drivers:
Option 1 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way, because you need to find exactly the right the driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
The manufacturer of your graphics card keeps updating drivers. To get them, you need to go to the manufacturer’s website, find the driver corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 32 bit) and download the driver manually.
Once you’ve downloaded the correct drivers for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Option 2 – Automatically update graphics drivers
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your graphics driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Fix 7: Optimize your in-game settings
Improper game settings can also cause game issues like freezing, lagging and crashing. If that’s the issue for you, optimizing your in-game settings might be able to fix your issue Here is how to do it:
1) Run your game.
2) Click the Settings button at the bottom left corner.
3) Click the Quality tab, and then modify the settings following the screenshot below.
4) Click Apply, then relaunch your game.
Fix 8: Change the power settings
The power plan on all computers is set to Balanced by default to save more energy, so your computer sometimes will slow down to save energy, which may be the reason why your game constantly crashes. Follow the instructions below to see how to fix it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type control. Then, click Control panel.
2) Under View by, click Large icons.
3) Select Power Options.
4) Select High Performance.
Restart your computer and your game to see if this worked for you. If your problem persists, try the fix below.
Fix 9: Configure your graphics settings
Another possible cause of Ring of Elysium crashing issue is improper graphics settings. If that’s the problem for you, follow the instructions below to optimize your graphics settings:
If you’re using an NVIDIA graphics product…
1) Right-click your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
2) Click Manage 3D settings, then Program Settings.
3) Click the Add button.
4) Select Ring of Elysium, and then click Add Selected Program.
5) Modify the settings following the screenshot below. Then, click Apply.
If you’re using an AMD graphics product…
1) Right-click your desktop, and select AMD Radeon Settings.
2) Click Gaming, then Global Settings.
3) Modify the settings following the screenshot below.
Fix 10: Reinstall your game and/or Steam
If none of the fixes above worked for you, reinstalling your game and/or Steam is very likely the solution to your problem. Here is how to do it:
Reinstall Ring of Elysium
1) Run Steam.
2) Click LIBRARY.
3) Right-click Ring of Elysium and select Uninstall.
4) Click DELETE.
5) Relaunch Steam to download and reinstall Ring of Elysium.
Try launching your game again. Hope it runs properly now. If not, try uninstalling Steam.
1) Right-click the Steam icon and select Open file location.
2) Right-click the steamapps folder and select Copy. Then, place the copy in another location to back it up.
3) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type control. Then, click Control Panel.
4) Under View by, select Category. Then, select Uninstall a program.
5) Right-click Steam, and then click Uninstall. Then, wait for the process to be complete.
6) Download and install Steam.
7) Right-click the Steam icon and select Open file location.
8) Move the backup steamapps folder you create before to your current directory location.
9) Restart Ring of Elysium to test your problem.
Hopefully, this article helped in resolving your issue! If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.