[Fixed] Windows Wireless Service Is Not Running
Don’t panic if the Windows wireless service is not running in your computer or laptop. This is a normal Windows issue and you can fix the Windows wireless service not running issue quickly and easily.
How to fix Windows wireless service is not running?
Here are the solutions you can try. You shouldn’t have to try them all; just work the way down until everything’s working again.
If the wireless service in your Windows computer has been disabled, you would have the wireless service not running issue. So you should verify and make sure the WLAN service is enabled in your computer.
Step 1: Turn on WiFi from the WiFi switch
Some laptops, such as HP, Lenovo, Dell, have a switch or a key on your keyboard to turn on/off WiFi (like Fn + F5). Check the switch or keys and turn your WiFi service on.
Step 2: Enable WiFi network
You should also check the WiFi service in Network and Sharing center and make sure it’s enabled.
1) Open Control Panel in your computer, and click Network and Sharing Center.
2) Click Change adapter settings on the left.
3) Right click on WiFi or Wireless Network Connection, and click Enable. If it’s been enabled, you’ll see Disable when right clicking.
If you’re using Windows 10, you should check the WiFi in the Action center at the bottom right corner on your desktop, and make sure the WiFi service is enabled.
WLAN AutoConfig service provides the logic requires to configure, discover, and connect from a wireless local area network. If it’s stopped, you’re very likely to have the Windows wireless service is not running issue.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type services.msc and click OK.
3) Double click the WLAN AutoConfig service.
4) Make sure the Startup type is set Automatic, and Service status is Running.
5) Try again to see if the Windows wireless service is running.
The missing or outdated network card driver can also cause the wireless service not running in your computer. You should make sure the driver has the latest version.
There are two ways to update the wireless network card driver: manually and automatically.
Manually update the driver: you can manually search for the latest driver of your network card device, then download and install it in your computer. This requires time and computer skills.
Automatically update the driver: if you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version, it takes just 2 clicks (and you will get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged driver to automatically download the correct version of the driver (you can do this with the FREE version), and install the driver in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your Windows and see if it fixes the wireless wifi service not running issue.
That’s it. Hope this post comes in handy and fix the Windows wireless service is not running issue in your Windows computer.