Having trouble launching Forza Horizon 4 on your PC? You’re not alone! Many players are reporting it. But the good news is that you can fix it. Here are 6 solutions to try.
Fixes to try:
You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Check your system specs
- Disable ReadyBoost
- Turn off unnecessary programs
- Update your graphics driver
- Check for Windows updates
- Reinstall your game
Fix 1: Check your system specs
If your game won’t launch at all, chances are that you’re running a game that stretches your PC beyond its abilities. You should verify that your system meets the minimum system requirements to run the game. If your PC below the recommended spec, try lowering your resolution and graphics and in-game video settings.
Here are the minimum system requirements to play Forza Horizon 4:
|OS:||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor:||Intel Core i3-4170 or higher|
|Graphics card:||Nvidia GTX 650Ti or AMD R7 250X|
|Storage:||70GB available space|
Here are the recommended system requirements to run Forza Horizon 4:
|OS:||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor:||Intel Core i7-3820 or higher.|
|Graphics card:||Nvidia GTX 970 or AMD R9 290X.|
|Storage:||70GB available space|
Make sure your PC is above the minimum system requirements to run the game, then move on and try the fix below.
Fix 2: Disable ReadyBoost
ReadyBoost is a Windows feature that allows you to use your flash memory devices to speed up your PC.
Few players report that disabling the ReadyBoost fixes the launching error in Forza Horizon 4. Follow the instructions below to see how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and E at the same time.
2) Right-click your USB’s name and select Properties.
3) Click the ReadyBoost tab, then select Do not use this device.
4) Click Apply > OK.
5) Disconnect all USB devices you don’t need from your PC.
6) Relaunch your game to test your issue.
If your issue still exists, try the fix below.
Fix 3: Turn off unnecessary programs
This issue commonly occurs when you’re running multiple programs at the same time, causing your PC to overload. So you should turn off unnecessary programs during gameplay.
Also, the programs listed below can cause your game to fail. If you’re running any of them, please turn them off or uninstall them.
|MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server||OBS||MacType||Wallpaper Engine|
|EVGA Precision||Xsplit||Warsaw Banking App|
Here is how to check and close programs you’re running:
1) Right-click your taskbar and select Task Manager.
2) Check your current CPU and memory usage to see what processes are consuming your resources most.
3) Right-click the process you want to end and select End task.
4) Try launching your game to test your issue.
If your issue continues to occur, move on and try the fix below.
Fix 4: Update your graphics driver
The Forza Horizon 4 not launching issue is likely to occur when players are using a faulty graphics driver, or it’s outdated. Try updating your graphics driver to see if that’s the problem for you. There are two ways you can do this:
Option 1 – Manually– You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way, because you need to find exactly the right the driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended)– This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
The manufacturer of your graphics card keeps updating the driver. To get them, you need to go to the manufacturer’s website, find the driver corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 32 bit) and download the driver manually.
Once you’ve downloaded the correct driver for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Option 2 – Automatically update your graphics driver
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your graphics driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your driver automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version– you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Fix 5: Check for Windows updates
Windows releases regular updates to fix bugs. It’s possible that a recent update has stopped your game from running correctly, and a new update is needed to fix it. To ensure you have the latest updates, do the following:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key. Then, type windows update and select Windows Update settings.
2) Click Check for updates, and then wait for Windows to download and install the updates automatically.
3) Restart your computer and your game after the update is complete.
If your issue persists, move on to the fix below.
Fix 6: Reinstalling your game
Forza Horizon 4 launching issues could happen when the game is not properly installed on your PC, or certain game files are corrupted or missing. In this case, reinstalling your game is very likely the solution to your issue:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type Forza Horizon 4. Then, right-click Forza Horizon 4 and select Uninstall.
2) Click Uninstall.
4) Download and install Forza Horizon 4 from Microsoft Store.
Hopefully, this article helped in resolving your issue. Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.