Since its launch a couple of days ago, Helldivers 2 has already become quite a hit in the gaming community. But quite some players are complaining that the MSVCR110.dll not found or missing error is now stopping them from playing the game. If this is also you, don’t worry: we’ve got you covered.
We have some effective fixes here that have helped many other players with the Helldivers 2 MSVCR110.dll not found or missing error, and you should try them as well to see if they do the trick for you too.
Try these fixes for the MSVCR110.dll not found error in Helldivers 2
You don’t have to try all the following fixes: simply work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick to fix the MSVCR110.dll not found error in Helldivers 2 for you.
- Restore the MSVCR110.dll file automatically
- Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012
- Copy the MSVCR110.dll file from another computer
- Run a virus scan
- Verify game files
1. Restore the MSVCR110.dll file automatically
MSVCR110.dll not found or missing error in Helldivers 2 is likely related to corrupted system files. To rectify this, repairing the system files becomes crucial. The System File Checker (SFC) tool can assist you in this process. By executing the “sfc /scannow” command, you can initiate a scan that identifies problems and repairs missing or corrupted system files. However, it is important to note that the SFC tool primarily focuses on scanning major files and may overlook minor issues.
In situations where the SFC tool falls short, a more powerful and specialized Windows repair tool is recommended. Fortect is an automated Windows repair tool that excels in identifying problematic files and replacing malfunctioning ones. By scanning your PC comprehensively, Fortect can provide a more comprehensive and effective solution for repairing your Windows system.
To use Fortect to fix the MSVCR110.dll not found error in Helldivers 2:
- Download and install Fortect.
- Open Fortect. It will run a free scan of your PC and give you a detailed report of your PC status.
- Once finished, you’ll see a report showing all the issues. To fix all the issues automatically, click Start Repair (You’ll need to purchase the full version. It comes with a 60-day Money-Back Guarantee so you can refund anytime if Fortect doesn’t fix your problem).
If this tool doesn’t help to fix the MSVCR110.dll not found error in Helldivers 2 for you, please move on.
2. Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012
The MSVCR110.dll not found or missing error could also occur in software programs like Helldivers 2, which requires the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012. Luckily, this redistributable file is easy to get on the Microsoft website.
To download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012:
- Visit the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
- Click the Download button.
- Select the correct redistributable file for your computer and click Download.
- Then double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to get it installed.
- Restart your computer afterward.
If you’re not sure which file to select here, on your keyboard, press the Windows key and the R keys together to open the Rub box. Type msinfo32 and hit Enter.
Then you should be able to see the 32-bit or 64-bit system type:
When the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012 is installed, launch Helldivers 2 again to see if the MSVCR110.dll not found or missing error is still seen. If so, please move on to the next fix, below.
3. Copy the MSVCR110.dll file from another computer
The MSVCR110.dll not found or missing error in Helldivers 2 can also be fixed by copying the same file from another computer and pasting it to yours, with the help of a flash drive or a cloud service logged in on both computers. To do so:
- Find another computer that has the same operating system as yours. That means the
versions (Windows 11/10/8/7) and architectures (32-bit/64-bit) of both operating systems must be identical.
- On the second computer, go to C:\Windows\System32 and copy the msvcr110.dll there.
- Paste the copied file to the same location (C:\Windows\System32) on your computer.
Try launching Helldivers 2 again to see if the MSVCR110.dll not found or missing error persists. If so, please move on.
4. Run a virus scan
The MSVCR110.dll not found or missing error in Helldivers 2 issue may also relate to virus-infected system files, so you should run a full system virus check to see if there’s anything you should be alert about.
A full computer scan with Windows Defender is a good place to get started, but if you’re not very confident in it, you can try a third-party anti-virus program, like Malwarebytes.
After the system scan, follow the on-screen instructions to fix any problem detected by your anti-virus program, then restart your computer and launch Helldivers 2 again to see if the MSVCR110.dll not found or missing error is fixed. If not, please move on.
5. Verify game files
Corrupted or missing game files are another likely cause of the MSVCR110.dll not found or missing error in Helldivers 2, according to some community gamers. Plus verifying game files will also ensure that your Helldivers 2 is updated to the latest version. To see if this fixes the MSVCR110.dll not found or missing error for you, you can verify your game files on Steam in this way:
- Launch Steam.
- In the LIBRARY, right-click on Helldivers 2 and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Installed Files tab and click on the Verified integrity of game files button.
- Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes.
Launch Helldivers 2 again to see if the MSVCR110.dll not found or missing error is still seen now.
Thanks for reading the post. Hope the above methods help to fix the MSVCR110.dll not found or missing error for you in Helldivers 2. If you have other suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.