Running into an Apex Legends Engine error? Don’t worry. It’s often not hard to fix at all…
Fixes for Apex Legends Engine Error
Here are 4 fixes that have helped other users resolve the Apex Legends Engine error. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Fix 1: Update the graphics driver
This Engine error may occur if you are using the wrong graphics driver or it’s out of date. So you should update your graphics driver to see if it fixes your problem. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
5) Check to see if the Engine Error on Apex Legends has been resolved. If yes, then great! If the issue remains, please move on to Fix 2, below.
Fix 2: Run Apex Legends as an administrator
This engine error may happen if the game does not have administrative privileges. So you should make sure to run Apex Legends as an administrator to see if it fixes the issue.
Here is how to grant administrative privileges to Apex Legends:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type Apex Legends. Once the game shows up as a result, right-click on Apex Legends and select Open file location.
2) In File Explorer, right click on Apex Legends .exe and click Properties.
3) Click the Compatibility tab. Then check the box next to Run this program as an administrator, and click Apply.
3) After granting APex Legends administrative privileges, you can run the game again to see if Apex Legends Engine Error still occurs. If it doesn’t, then great! If the issue remains, please move on to Fix 2, below.
Fix 3: Verify game files
You should also check the integrity of the game files to see if any of them are corrupt or missing.
Here is how to verify game files:
1) Open Origin and click My Game Library.
2) Right-click on Apex Legends and click Repair.
3) Wait until the repair process finishes.
4) Once done, run Apex Legends and check if the engine error is fixed. If yes, then great! If the issue persists, please move on to Fix 4, below.
Fix 4: Edit Registry
A missing command line from Registry may also lead to the engine error in Apex Legends. So you can add a command line to see if it solves the error.
Here are the steps to add the command line:
Warning: Editing registry incorrectly can incur system failures or even render the computer inoperable. So please proceed at your discretion.
1) Right-click on the empty area on your desktop, and click New > Text Document.
2) Add the following command to the text document.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers] "TdrDelay"=hex(b):08,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
3) Click File > Save as…
4) Save the file name as fix.reg and select the type as All files. then click Save.
5) Click Yes once you’re prompted about the message.
6) Run Apex Legends again to see if the Engine error has been fixed.
Hopefully you have successfully resolved the Engine error on Apex Legends by now. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, please let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!