If your Corsair HS70 Mic Stopped Working on Windows, don’t worry. You can use one of the solutions below to fix the issue.
Fixes to try
There are four fixes for you to fix Corsair HS70 mic not working issue. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
1: Allow access to your microphone
2: Check your microphone device settings
4: Troubleshoot hardware issue
Fix 1: Allow access to your microphone
If your microphone is not allowed to access on your computer, you can’t use it properly. So first, check if it’s allowed to access on your computer. If it’s not allowed to access, configure the setting to make it work.
To do this, you can follow these steps:
1) Click the Start at the bottom left corner of your screen, then click the Settings icon.
2) Click Privacy.
3) Click Microphone.
4) Click the Change button.
If you see ‘Microphone access for this device’ is On, it means microphone is allowed to access on your computer. Leave it and head to the next step.
If you see ‘Microphone access for this device’ is Off, click on the button to turn it on.
5) Make sure Allow apps to access your microphone is turned on.
Fix 2: Check your microphone device settings
When any headset mic including Corsair HS70 is not working, we can check if the mic is disabled or not set as the default device on the computer. Usually, once you plug the mic to computer, it will be set as the default device automatically. But in some cases, you may need to enable the device manually.
You can follow these steps to check the settings and change the settings if necessary:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type “control panel” in the box and click OK to open Control Panel.
3) In Control Panel, View by Large icons.
4) Click Sound.
5) Select the Recording tab.
If you see microphone is disabled, right click the device and select Enable.
If you don’t see microphone in the device list, you need to show it first, then enable it manually.
a. Right click on the blank place and select Show Disabled Devices. Then you’ll see the microphone device on the list.
b. Right click the microphone and select Enable.
6) Right click the microphone again and select Set as Default Device.
7) Select the microphone and click Properties.
8) Click the Levels tab, and drag the volume slider to the top.
9) Click OK -> OK.
10) Check to see if your Corsair HS70 mic is working.
Fix 3: Update your audio drivers
The problem can be caused by incorrect, outdated audio driver or headset driver. You can try to update the driver to fix the problem.
You can update the driver manually, but if you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged audio driver to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
After updating the driver, restart your computer and check to see if your Corsair HS70 mic is working.
Fix 4: Troubleshoot hardware issues
If the above fixes don’t resolve the problem, your Corsair HS70 mic not working might be caused by hardware issues. The mic or the port on the computer might have physical issues. To troubleshoot hardware issues, you can do these things:
1) Connect your Corsair HS70 mic to another port on your computer. If your mic works on another port, it means something is wrong with the first port.
2) Use your Corsair HS70 mic on another computer to see if it works. If it works on another computer, it means there are some problems with your computer. You need to make a further check about the computer problem. You can contact the vendor of your computer for advice.
3) If your mic is still not working, you might need to send it to the manufacturer to have it fixed, or replace it with a new mic.
Hopefully you find this article helpful on Corsair HS70 mic not working issue. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.