Is your Corsair Void Mic Not Working? Don’t worry, it’s often quite easy to fix…
Fixes For Corsair Void Mic Not Working
Here are 4 fixes that have helped other users resolve the mic not working on Corsair headset issue. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Allow access to microphone
- Update your audio driver
- Adjust your audio settings
- Check for hardware issues
Fix 1: Allow access to microphone
If your Corsair Void microphone is not working, the first thing you want to check is whether you’ve allowed the app you’re using the mic on access to microphone.
Here’s how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type microphone, then click on Microphone privacy settings.
2) Under the Allow apps to access your microphone section, make sure the toggle is On so that you can allow apps access to your microphone.
3) Scroll down to the Choose which apps can access your microphone section and make sure the toggle for the app you’re playing the microphone on is turned On.
4) Check your Corsair Void headset and see if the mic not working problem has been resolved. If yes, then congrats! But if the problem persists, please try Fix 2, below.
Fix 2: Update your audio driver
This problem may occur if you are using the wrong audio driver or it’s out of date. So you should update your audio driver to see if it fixes your problem. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
5) Check to see if the mic works properly. If yes, then great! If the issue persists, please move on to Fix 3, below.
Fix 3: Adjust your audio settings
Ideally Windows can automatically detect your microphone and set it as the default playback device every time it’s plugged into. But that’s not always the case and sometimes we’ll have to set default devices manually and set its sound levels.
Here is how to do it:
1) Right-click on the sound icon on the lower-right of your computer screen, then click Sounds.
2) Click the Recording tab, then click on Headset Microphone Corsair VOID Wireless Gaming Dongle and click Set Default.
3) Click on Headset Microphone Corsair VOID Wireless Gaming Dongle and click Properties.
4) Click the Levels tab, then drag the Microphone slider all the way to its top and click OK.
5) Click OK to apply the changes in the windows.
Now that with microphone set as default device and the volume turned up, test your mic and see if the microphone on Corsair Void headset problem has been fixed. If yes, then great! If the mic still doesn’t work, please move on to Fix 4, below.
Fix 4: Check for hardware issues
If your Corsair Void headset microphone is still not working, it’s likely that the issue lies with your computer or the headset. So you can try the following steps to troubleshoot the hardware issues:
1) Make sure to check your headphone connections for loose cables or the wrong jack.
2) Try connecting your headphone device to a different port and see if this fixes the problem.
Hopefully you have successfully resolved the Corsair Void mic not working issue by now. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, please let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!