Are you experiencing crashing issues with the game you’re playing? You’re not alone. Many people have had the same issue occurring on their games randomly.
This is a frustrating issue. You can’t play your game because of these issues. But don’t worry. They can still be fixed…
Try these methods
The following are a few methods that have helped many people fix their game crashing issues. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Update your game
- Run your game in compatibility mode
- Update your device drivers
- Check your antivirus software
- Perform a clean boot
- Check your computer hardware
The developer of your game may release patches or updates to improve your game and fix its mistakes, which may cause the crashing issues. You should try installing the updates for your game to see if this fixes your crashing issues. Hopefully it does. But if not, there are still a few things to try…
Your game may crash because you are having compatibility issues with your game. To fix these issues, you should run your game in compatibility mode. To do so:
1) Right click the executable (.exe) file or the desktop shortcut of your game, then click Properties.
2) Click the Compatibility tab, then check Run this program in compatibility mode. After that, click OK.
3) Open your game and see if your game runs normally.
If it does, then you’ve solved your problem. But if not, there are several more methods you can try…
You may experience the crashing issues because you’re using a wrong driver or it’s out of date. To see if that’s the case for you, you should update the drivers for your computer devices. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update your driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to each device to download the latest and correct driver for it. You can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer. Then run your game and see if this fixes the crashing issues for your game.
Hopefully it does. But if not, there are three more fixes for you to try.
Your crashing issues are sometimes caused by interference from your antivirus programs. To see if that’s the problem for you, you should temporarily disable your antivirus and check if the problem persists. (Consult the documentation of the program for instructions on disabling it.)
If this resolves your problem, contact the vendor of your software and ask them for advice, or install a different solution.
Your game may be crashed by some background applications or services. You should perform a clean boot to see if there are any conflicts between your game and another program.
To do so:
1) Press the Windows log key and R on your keyboard to invoke the Run dialog.
2) Type “msconfig” and press Enter on your keyboard.
3) Click the Services tab. Then check Hide all Microsoft services (FIRST) and click Disable all. After that, click OK.
4) Click the Startup tab, then click Open Task Manager.
5) Right click each enabled Startup item, then click Disable. After that, close Task Manager.
6) Click OK.
7) Click Restart.
8) Open your game. If it doesn’t have any crashing issue, proceed to the next step to find out the application or service that causes trouble. Otherwise go to the next method.
9) Press the Windows log key and R on your keyboard. Then type “msconfig” and press Enter on your keyboard.
10) Click the Services tab. Check Hide all Microsoft services. Then enable any disabled service (by selecting its checkbox) and click OK.
11) Click Restart.
12) Run your game. If your game still has no crashing issue, repeat step 9 to 11 until you find out the service that crashes your game. If none of these services is the culprit, go to the next step.
13) Press the Windows log key and R on your keyboard. Then type “msconfig” and press Enter on your keyboard.
14) Click the Startup tab, then click Open Task Manager.
15) Right click one (only) disabled Startup item, then click Enable. After that, close Task Manager.
16) Click OK and then click Restart.
17) Open your game and check to see if your game is able to run normally without any crashing issue. If not, repeat step 13 to 16 until you find out the startup item that crashes your game.
Occasionally, crashing problems can be caused by your computer hardware. It’s worth checking the hardware devices on your computer.
1) If you’ve change the frequency settings of your CPU, GPU, or RAM, you should change it back to the default
2) Check the temperature of your hardware components (CPU, GPU, RAM ,…). If you are experiencing an overheating issue, try placing your computer in a cooler environment or using a better cooling system.
3) If you discover any hardware issue that you can’t fix yourself, you should contact the manufacturer of your device for support, or have your device serviced.