How to Fix HP Accelerometer Issue in Windows
Does this look familiar?
The HP Accelerometer is part of HP 3D DriveGuard. If you’re having the HP Accelerometer error in your Windows computer, don’t panic! You can fix HP Accelerometer issue quickly and easily.
Try these fixes
Here are some solutions that have helped people resolve the HP Accelerometer error. You shouldn’t have to try them all; just try each one in turn until everything’s working again.
The outdated HP 3D DriveGuard software can bring buggy issues, so you can reinstall the latest software to fix the HP Accelerometer error, and this solution has been working for many people who have the same problem.
If you’ve installed HP Accelerometer in your computer, you need to uninstall it first.
Step 1: Uninstall HP Accelerometer
If you don’t have the HP Accelerometer program installed in your computer, you can skip to Step 2 directly.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- Select the HP 3D DriveGuard program, and click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the program.
- Restart your computer.
After uninstalling, you can start reinstalling the latest program. To do so:
- Click here to download the HP 3D DriveGuard.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the wizard to finish the installation.
- Then try it again to see if the problem has been solved.
The missing or outdated driver in your computer can cause the HP Accelerometer error in your computer, so you should keep the drivers for devices up to date.
There are two ways to update drivers: manually and automatically
Manually update drivers: you can go to the manufacturer’s website of your hardware device, find the latest driver that’s compatible with the operating system in your computer, and install it. This requires time and computer skills.
Automatically update drivers: if you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making mistakes when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version, it takes just 2 clicks (and you will get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged device to automatically download the correct version of the driver (you can do this with the FREE version), then install the driver in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- Restart your computer to take effect.
Try HP Accelerometer to see if it works now.
Still no luck? Okay, there is one more thing to try.
You can also fix the HP Accelerometer error by updating Windows system in your computer. Here’s how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time.
- Click Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates, and download the available updates.
- Restart your computer.
So there you have it – three effective ways to fix HP Accelerometer not working issue in your computer. You’re welcome to add a comment and let us know which method helps. If you have any questions, feel free to let us know and we’ll see what more we can do.