As one of the most popular football video game titles, Madden NFL 22 is finally here. However, many players have been complaining about Madden 22 not working on PC. If you happen to be on the same boat, don’t worry. We’ve rounded up all the fixes for you to solve the glitch easily and quickly.
Try these fixes:
You don’t have to try them all. Simply work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Check the minimum requirements to play Madden NFL 22
- Update your device drivers
- Run the game as an administrator
- Repair the game files
- Temporarily disable your antivirus
Fix 1 – Check the minimum requirements to play Madden NFL 22
Video games nowadays are becoming more graphically demanding. So if Madden 22 just won’t work on your computer, you should make sure the machine is up for handling the game.
Here are the minimum requirements for Madden NFL 22:
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Athlon X4 880K 4GHz, Core i3-6100 3.7GHz|
|Graphics||Radeon RX 460, NVIDIA GTX 660|
If your computer specs are more than enough to run the game, the cause may be related to device drivers, antivirus or something else. Read on to more solutions below.
Fix 2 – Update your device drivers
The Madden 22 not working issue may be caused by the faulty or outdated device drivers on your computer. If you haven’t updated your device drivers for a long time, definitely do it now as it will guarantee you a smooth and pleasant gaming experience.
There are mainly two ways to update your drivers:
Manually – You need to visit the hardware manufacturers’ websites and search for the exact model of your device. Then download the latest correct driver that’s compatible with your operating system. Once done, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it manually.
Automatically (recommended) – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact devices, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All). Or you can click the Update button to update certain driver you want.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Relaunch Madden 22 to see if the driver update does the trick. If not, check out the next method.
Fix 3 – Run the game as an administrator
Madden 22 may fail to work with no administrator rights given. A simple trick is to run the game as an administrator. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Madden 22 installation folder. Then click the executable file and click Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab. Tick Run this program as an administrator and click OK to save the changes.
See if the issue persists. If yes, continue to the next solution.
Fix 4 – Repair the game files
Missing or faulty game files will also prevent Madden 22 from working properly. To see if that’s the case, you could perform a quick scan and repair of the game files. Below we’ll show you how to do this on Steam and Epic Games Launcher.
- Launch your Steam client and select the Library tab.
- Right-click Madden 22 from the list and click Properties.
- Navigate to the Local Files tab and click Verify integrity of game files.
It may take a few minutes for the process to complete. Upon completion, check whether you can play the game normally. If not, proceed to Fix 5.
On Epic Games Launcher
- Open Epic Games launcher and select the Library tab in the left pane.
- Locate the Madden NFL 22 title and click the icon with three dots next to it. Then click Verify.
After the process finishes, restart Madden 22 to test the issue. If it’s still not working, try the next fix below.
Fix 5 – Temporarily disable your antivirus
If you’ve installed antivirus programs to protect your computer from potential threats, they can sometimes be overprotective and mistakenly block your games like Madden 22 from working.
To determine whether it’s the culprit, you should temporarily disable your antivirus. If the problem is fixed, you need to whitelist Madden 22 in the anti-virus programs so that you can use both without conflicts. Just select the software you’re using and follow the guides:
If disabling the antivirus doesn’t give you luck, then it is not to blame.
You may consider reinstalling Madden 22 as the last resort if all the methods above can’t help. A fresh reinstallation can usually resolve the stubborn issues during your previous installation, but please remember to delete all the remaining game files after you uninstall the game.
Hopefully this post helped. If you have further questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.