Intel 82579LM Driver Download & Update for Your Windows 10/8/7
If you’re looking to update the driver for your Intel® 82579LM network adapter, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll show you how to update your Intel 82579LM driver quick and easy! 😉
Try these methods
Both methods below work in Windows 10/8/7. You may not have to try both; just browse through the list and take your pick:
- Update your Intel 82579LM driver manually
- Update your Intel 82579LM driver automatically (Recommended)
A WORD OF WARNING: Downloading the wrong driver or installing it incorrectly can compromise our PC’s stability and even cause the whole system to crash. So please proceed at your own peril. If you’re not comfortable playing around with drivers, or worrying about any risks in the process, jump to Method 2.
1) Go to Intel’s download center.
2) Type Intel 82579LM into the search box, click Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet PHY and click the search icon .
3) Select Drivers, choose your operating system (Windows 10 in my case) and click the first result in the results area.
4) Click your Windows bit system to download.
5) Move the downloaded file to the computer without the Internet.
6) Double-click on the file and follow the wizard to finish the install.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the Intel 82579LM driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
There you go– manually and automatically update your Intel 82579LM driver. Hope this helps and feel free to comment below if you have any other further questions. 🙂