If you’re having trouble with your Wi-Fi connection and seeing the message of “The Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems. Not fixed“, then you’ve come to the right place. In this tutorial, you’ll learn 2 easy ways to fix the issue.
Try these 2 methods
Method 1: Uninstall and reinstall your network driver
The easiest way to fix this issue is by uninstalling the network driver and restarting your computer. Then Windows will automatically install the missing driver for your device.
Before uninstalling, make sure you have a backup driver. The driver can be downloaded from the Intel download center.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R key together to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager.
- Expand Network adapters, then right-click Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz and select Uninstall device.
- In the pop-up window, check the box of Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
After your PC restarts, Windows will automatically look for and reinstall the missing driver. Check to see if the Wi-Fi remains unusable.
If this method doesn’t do the trick, you may need to consider updating your network driver.
Method 2: Update your network driver
The Wi-Fi not working issue can also be caused by a faulty or outdated network driver. So you should always make sure you have the latest network driver. To update your network driver, there’re mainly two ways you can try: manually and automatically.
Option 1 – Update your network driver manually
You can update the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 adapter driver by yourself. But this option needs some time, patience and computer skills. Here’s how:
- Go to the Intel download center.
- Select Wireless.
- Click the dropdown menu next to View by product and select Intel® Wi-Fi 6 Products.
- Select Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters.
- Download the file of WiFi_22.50.1_Driver64_Win10.exe.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instruction to install the driver.
Once done, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Option 2 – Update your network driver automatically (Recommended)
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 adapter driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy is a useful tool that can automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running on, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Or if you just want to update the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 adapter driver for now, click the Update next to it. You can do this with the FREE version.
After updating your drivers, restart your computer and check if the Wi-Fi connection goes back to normal.
That’s it – hopefully this post helped. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to drop us a line in the comment section below.