Logitech Unifying Receiver Not Detected Driver Software in Windows [Solved]
You have a new Logitech wireless mouse with a unifying receiver like the one showing on the picture:
This device is supposed to run off the unifying program after it is plugged in to a USB port on your computer. After the mouse is connected, it should run smoothly.
But when you plug it in, you get the notification saying that Device driver software was not successfully installed.
Then you try to run Logitech Unifying Software, it just says that There is no Unifying receivers plugged into your computer…
After checking Logitech website and communicating with their support, you get that it is an issue with the windows standard HID driver and recommended to update the BIOS and to update the USB driver.
That seems to be a hard solution, so are there other alternatives for you to fix this issue with ease?
How to fix No Unifying Receiver Detected Error?
1) Follow the path C:\Windows\inf\ to see if you can find the usb.PNF and usb.inf files.
Note: The display of the type of the file names could be different. The type of the document can be checked by right click it and choose Properties.
Then you can see that this is a usb.inf file.
2) If you cannot find these two files in this folder, please copy them form another computer whose USB receiver is working properly and then paste them onto this folder.
3) If you don’t have another computer, please see if you can find them via this path C:\Windows\ System32. You might need to drag down a little bit to find them.
If you can fine the usb.inf and usb.PNF files, still, copy and paste them to the folder C:\Windows\inf\.
1) Click on Start button, then go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program.
2) Choose MotionInJoy and right click it to Uninstall it.
3) Go to Device Manager and delete all MotionInJoy devices that you can see by right click them and choose Uninstall.
You might need to check the box that says “Delete the driver software for this device.”
4) Type in regedit in the search bar and then open it.
5) Press CTRL+ F at the same time to run a search window. Then type in DS3.
6) Delete all the DS3 files that you can see, especially the DS3.exe file.
7) Unplug your Logitech Unifying Receiver.
8) Restart your computer and then plug in your Logitech Unifying Receiver.
9) Wait for Windows Update to help you find the correct driver.
Note: When performing a hard reset, you must disconnect or remove all peripheral devices. You should start and test the computer by itself, and then reconnect one peripheral device at a time.
1) Turn off your computer.
2) Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
3) Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
4) Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
5) Remove the battery from the battery compartment(If you are using a laptop).
6) Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
7) Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
8) Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
9) If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
10) After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update to update all device drivers.
1) Go to Device Manager.
2) Expand the option Mice and other pointing devices, then locate HID-compliant mouse device and right click it to choose Disable.
3) Download Logitech Unifying Software. After the download, right click on the icon and choose to Run as administrator.
4) After the installation, right click Logitech Unifying Software in the Start panel and choose Run as administrator.
5) Your Logitech receiver should be able to work now.
If you find out that this is a driver problem, but you have tried using Windows Update to help you with it, yet with no luck. Then it is suggested that you use Driver Easy to help you with it.
There are only two steps involved, one is to use Driver Easy to scan.
Then, base on the scan result, choose the driver or drivers that are needed in your computer and select Update.
As you can see, free version of Driver Easy is equally as powerful as the professional version. With the help of Driver Easy, there is no need for you to check the update of the latest version of drivers anymore since we have taken care of it for you. All you need to do is to click Scan and then choose to Update the drivers you need.
For users with free version, you might need to update the drivers manually. So it is always suggested that you use the professional version of Driver Easy to enjoy more features and professional technical support with drivers. Moreover, if you find that Driver Easy is not helping you with your driver issue, you can ask for a refund since we have a 30-day money back guarantee.