Logitech Gaming Software is used to control your Logitech devices. It’s surely frustrating if you couldn’t open the program when need. Don’t worry, the problem could be fixed easily.
Try these fixes:
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Fix 1: Restart the program
- Fix 2: Run as administrator
- Fix 3: Allow the app through Windows Firewall
- Fix 4: Reinstall Logitech Gaming Software
- Bonus: Update your drivers
Fix 1: Restart the program
A clean shutdown then restart works amazing. Use Task Manager to close Logitech gaming software tasks entirely and restart it could help you fix this problem.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together to open the Task Manager.
- In the Process tab, choose Logitech gaming software and click End Task.
- Restart Logitech gaming software.
Fix 2: Run as administrator
Some features may be blocked by the Windows system that causes problems. With high integrity access, Logitech gaming software can make full use of its features, won’t be blocked by other programs.
So simply run Logitech gaming software as administrator may fix this problem.
HOW: On your desktop, right-click on the Logitech gaming software icon and select Run as administrator.
Fix 3: Allow the app through Windows Firewall
One reason for Logitech gaming software won’t opening is that the Windows Defender Firewall blocks some features of the app. The Windows Defender Firewall aims to protect your system, sometimes the program becomes too stringent to apps. So you can solve the problem by giving Logitech gaming software permissions.
- Type windows defender firewall in the search bar and press the Enter key.
- Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Change settings then check Logitech gaming software.
- After click OK. Restart your computer and reboot the app.
Fix 4: Reinstall Logitech Gaming Software
Perform a clean reinstall could help you solve the problem. Uninstall and reinstall Logitech gaming software could simply rewrite data files that could help you fix the issue.
- Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type appwiz.cpl, then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Right-click Logitech gaming software in the list and select Uninstall.
- Go to Logitech gaming software and click Logitech Gaming Software.
- Click Download and install it. Then run the application.
Bonus: Update your drivers
Updating device drivers is important to your devices. It’s because, with the latest drivers, your devices could provide you better user experience and let you fully enjoy the functions of your devices.
There are two ways you can update your driver: manually and automatically.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
You can download drivers from the manufacturer official website. Search for the model you have and find the correct driver that suits your specific operating system. Then download the driver manually.
Option 2 – Automatically update drivers
If you don’t have time or patience to manually update your drivers, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Be sure to attach the URL of this article if needed for more expedient and efficient guidance.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.