Want to download the driver for your NVMe SSD? You’ve come to the right place! This post will show you how to download and install NVMe drivers in your Windows computer.
How to download and install NVMe driver
Here are the two methods to download and install the NVMe SSD driver:
You can manually download the NVMe driver from your SSD manufacturer. The specific steps will be different depending on your SSD brand. If you have a Samsung NVMe SSD, you should go to the Samsung website. If you have a Toshiba NVMe SSD, you should go to the Toshiba support page. Then search for the driver to download and install it in your computer.
In my case I go to the Samsung support page:
- Open Samsung Support center. And search the driver for your NVMe SSD.
- Click Download Files.
- Click the Download button next to NVMe Driver.
- Run the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
If this method doesn’t work for you, don’t worry. There is something else you can do.
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to manually download the driver for your NVMe SSD, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or PRO version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it only takes 2 clicks:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- Restart your computer to take effect.