You just jumped into the stylish world of Persona but annoyed to find that Persona 5 Strikers keeps crashing. If you’re experiencing random game crashes or crashes on startup, don’t worry. You should be able to fix it by yourself in this post.
Try these fixes
Persona 5 Strikers crashing might be caused by lack of administrative rights, corrupted game files, or software interference, outdated graphics drivers, etc.
No matter what the cause is, to solve your problem quickly, you should always try the following fixes:
- Close all unnecessary applications
- Update your graphics drivers
- Verify the game files
- Play the game in windowed mode
- Run your game as an administrator
- Tweak some settings in NVIDIA Control Panel
1. Close all unnecessary applications
Your Persona 5 Strikers may be crashed by interference from some programs running in the background.
They include utility programs provided by your hardware manufacturers that change your components or system settings (MSI Afterburner or antivirus software, for example).
To see if that’s the case for you, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager and close all those programs before you run your game. Then check to see if this is able to stop your crashing issue.
Note that some antivirus software will still keep running even when disabled. You can add your game to its exclusion list or uninstall it temporarily.
2. Update your graphics drivers
It’s very important to keep your graphics drivers updated to the latest version, whether for Persona 5 Strikers or other games. Graphics manufacturers keep releasing new drivers to fix known bugs and make minor improvements.
There are mainly two ways for you to update your graphics driver:
Option 1: Manually
Note that when installing a driver manually, you’ll need to perform a clean installation so that the new driver can be recognized correctly.
Option 2: Automatically
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the Free version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- Reboot your computer and launch the game to see if Persona 5 Strikers is launching properly.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
3. Verify the game files
To make sure there are no corrupted or missing files, you can check the integrity of the game files. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch Steam, and go to the Library.
- Right-click on Persona 5 Strikers, and select Properties.
- Go to the Local files, and select Verify the integrity of the game files.
Wait for the verification to complete. Once done, you can relaunch your Persona 5 Strikers to test the issue.
4. Play the game in windowed mode
Another way to stop your Persona 5 Strikers from crashing is to play the game in windowed mode. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your Steam Library, and right-click Persona 5 Strikers > select Properties.
- Under the LAUNCH OPTIONS, add -windowed.
- Close the game’s Properties window and launch the game.
Now you will find the game stops crashing. If this method doesn’t work for you, don’t worry. You can try the fix below.
5. Run your game as an administrator
Persona 5 Strikers may not work properly if it lacks administrative rights. To make sure your game has full access to the game files, you can run the game as an administrator and launch your game from the installation folder.
- Navigate to your game installation folder (usually C:/Steam Library/ steamapps/common/P5S/game.exe).
Or you can right-click the game and select Manage > Browse local files.
- Right-click the game.exe file, and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab, and check the box next to the Disable fullscreen optimizations, and Run this program as administrator.
- Click Apply > OK.
Now launch your game from there and see if this solved your crashing issue. If not, you can try the next fix below.
6. Tweak some settings in NVIDIA Control Panel
Some find turning off Triple Buffering and setting Low Latency Mode to Ultra help them reduce Persona 5 Strikers crashing. Here’s how to do it:
- Right-click the desktop, and select Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > select Persona 5 Strikers from the list. If the game isn’t on the list then add it.
- Set Ultra for Low Latency Mode and select off for Tripple Buffering.
If this method doesn’t work in your case, you can revert back to its default settings.
Hopefully, your Persona 5 Strikers works like a charm right now. But if none of these methods work for you, you may probably want to restart your PC and give your game a complete restart.
If this doesn’t work after that, you can perform a clean installation of the game. Many players are still complaining about getting constant crashes, and the real fix may come with the next patch.