After a 7-year wait, Samurai Warriors 5 is finally out! However, just like any other games released recently, it doesn’t get rid of bugs and errors. If Samurai Warriors 5 keeps crashing on your PC, you’re not alone. The good news is that you should be able to fix this issue easily after reading this article.
The system requirements of Samurai Warriors 5
Ensure that your PC meets the system requirements of Samurai Warriors 5 first. If you don’t know the system requirements of the game, just take a quick glance at the table below:
|OS:||Windows 8.1 64bit / Windows 10 64bit||Windows 10 64bit|
|Processor:||Intel Core i5-4460||Intel Core i7-4770 / AMD Ryzen 5 2600|
|Memory:||6 GB RAM||8 GB RAM|
|Graphics:||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon R7 370||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 590|
|DirectX:||Version 11||Version 11|
|Network:||Broadband Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection|
|Storage:||25 GB available space||25 GB available space|
|Sound Card:||16 bit stereo, 48KHz WAVE file can be played & DirectX 9.0c or above||16 bit stereo, 48KHz WAVE file can be played & DirectX 9.0c or above|
|Additional Notes:||Set the graphics quality to Low from “Graphics”. This will automatically adjust the settings to 30 FPS @ 1280×720.||Set the graphics quality to High from “Graphics”. This will automatically adjust the settings to 60 FPS @ 1920×1080.|
If your PC fails to meet the system requirements of the game, you may need to upgrade your PC first.
If the game keeps crashing on your powerful PC, just read on and try the fixes below.
Try these fixes
Although the causes of Samurai Warriors 5 crashing issue vary, here we’ve put together the latest fixes that solved this issue for many PC gamers. Whether Samurai Warriors 5 crashes on startup or crashes in the middle of the game, you can find a fix to try in this article. You don’t need to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Verify integrity of game files
- Update your graphics driver
- Install the latest game patch
- Run Samurai Warriors 5 with DirectX 11
- Temporarily disable anti-virus software
- Perform a clean boot
Verify integrity of game files
If some important game files are missing or corrupted, the game may not work as expected. Some times, it may crash. If it’s the case, you need to veirfy and repair game files. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click on Samurai Warriors 5 and select Properties.
- Click LOCAL FILES on the left, then click Verify integrity of game files…. If Steam finds anything wrong with the game files, it will re-download them from official server.
Depending on the size of the game files, it may take some time to verify all your game files.
After the verifying process finished, run Samurai Warriors 5 and see if the game crashes again. If this issue persists, try the next fix, below.
Update your graphics driver
Graphics driver is essential to the functioning of video games. If Samurai Warriors 5 keeps crashing on your PC, it’s likely that you have the corrupted or outdated graphics driver on your PC. So you should update your drivers to see if it fixes the game crashing issues.
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Note: You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Install the latest game patch
The developer of Samurai Warriors 5 releases regular game patches to fix bugs and improve gaming performance. It’s possible that a recent patch has caused the game crash issue, and that a new patch is required to fix it.
If a patch is available, it will be detected by Epic Games Launcher, and the latest game patch will be automatically downloaded and installed when you launch the game.
Launch Samurai Warriors 5 again and check if the this fix works. If it didn’t work, or there was no new game patch available, move on to next fix, below.
Run Samurai Warriors 5 with DirectX 11
Many PC players report that Samurai Warriors stops crashing after they swtiched to DirectX 11. Maybe the game hasn’t been fully optimized for DirectX 12. So try running the game with DirectX 11:
- Lauch Steam and go to LIBRARY. Right-click on Samurai Warriors 5 and select Properties.
- In the GENERAL section, enter
-dx11under LAUNCH OPTIONS. By doing that, Steam will run the game with DirectX 11 next time.
- Run Samurai Warriors 5 and see if the game crashes again.
If this issue persits, try the next fix, below.
Temporarily disable anti-virus software
The game crashing issue may occur when the 3rd party antivirus software blocked important game files. Try adding Steam and the game folder as an exception to your third-party antivirus application. If necessary, try temporarily disabling your 3rd party antivirus software before playing the game.
Launch Samurai Warriors 5 and check if the game crashes after you disabled the anti-virus software on your PC.
If this fix didn’t work, try the next fix to perform a clean boot.
Perform a clean boot
Samurai Warriors 5 will crash if there’s a certain app conflicting with it. If you’re not sure which app is conflicting with the game, you can find it out by performing a clean boot. Here’s how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run Dialog. Type msconfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Navigate to the Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services and then click Disable all.
- Select the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
- Go back to the System Configuration window and click OK.
- Click Restart to restart your PC.
Restart your PC and launch Samurai Warriors 5 to check whether the game crashes again. If not, you need to open the System Configuration window again to enable services and applications one by one until you find the problematic software.
Once you find out the problematic software that crashes Samurai Warriors 5, you need to uninstall it to avoid game crashing issues in the future.
If the crashing issue reappears after you disabled all the 3rd party apps and services, try reinstalling Samurai Warriors 5. Normally, after reinstalling the game, you’ll be able to fix the crashing issue.
If these common fixes on this article didn’t help you fix the Samurai Warriors 5 crashing issue, you can also try investigating Windows crash logs to analyze and troubleshoot the causes of the crash. For more details, see the article: How to view crash logs in Windows 10.
Hopefully, one of the fixes above helped you fix the Samurai Warriors 5 crashing issue. Feel free to leave us a comment if you have any questions or suggestions. Thanks for reading!