It would be so frustrating if Skyrim crashes on your PC. But don’t worry. You can fix Skyrim crashing and enhance your gaming experience.
How to fix Skyrim Crash?
Here are the solutions you can try to fix it. You don’t need to try them all; just work your way down until the crash issue is solved.
- Install the latest patch
- Update your device drivers
- Disable the Mods
- Configure settings in your computer
Program developers generally keeps releasing patches to improve the program and fix some bugs, so does Skyrim. You should install the latest Skyrim patches and keep your game updated. Then restart your computer. It should fix Skyrim crash.
Skyrim crashes usually when your device drivers are missing or outdated, especially the graphics card driver. So you should check the device drivers in your computer, verify all the drivers are correct and up to date, and update those that aren’t.
Manual driver update – You can update your drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website and searching for the most recent correct driver for your devices. If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Automatic driver update – Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to all flagged devices to automatically download and install the correct version of their driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) After updating your drivers, restart your computer, and try Skyrim again to see if it works.
The mods you are installing for Skyrim can also cause the crashing issue, so if you have installed mods in Skyrim, you can try this:
1) Disable the mods in your Skyrim.
2) Try your Skyrim to see if it works properly.
3) If Skyrim stops crashing, it’s likely a problm caused by the mods, and you should uninstall the mods.
If Skyrim still crashes, you can try the following method.
You can try the following steps to configure the services setting and fix Skyrim crash in your Windows.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type services.msc and click OK.
3) Right click Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service, and click Stop, to temporarily stop the service.
4) Try your Skyrim to see if the problem is solved. If it solves the crash issue, go to step 5.
5) Double click the Touch keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.
6) In Startup type, change it to Manual or Disabled, then clock OK to save.
These are the best solutions to fix Skyrim crash issue. If you have any questions or idea, feel free to comment below.