DirectX device creation failed? It’d be so frustrating to see this error message when trying to run the program, especially when you’re going to play games like Warframe. But don’t worry. This is one of the common DirectX errors in Windows, and many people have resolved their problem with solutions in this computer. So you can fix DirectX device creation failed error quickly and easily.
How to fix DirectX device creation failed errorHere are the solutions to try. You shouldn’t have to try them all. Just try each one in turn until everything’s working again.
- Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
- Roll back your graphics card driver
- Update your graphics card driver
- Go to DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer download page.
- Select the appropriate language, and click Download.
- Follow the prompted instructions on your screen to finish downloading.
- Install the downloaded file in your computer.
- Restart your computer, and open your program or game again to see if it works.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to bring up the Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Double click Display adapters to expand it, then double click your graphics card device.
- In the graphics card properties pane, click the Driver tab, and click Roll Back Driver. Kindly note that if the Roll Back Driver button is greyed out and unavailable to click, that means that your Windows computer doesn’t have the previous driver to install, so you can skip this fix and head to Fix 3.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
- Restart your computer and open Warframe (or other programs that gave the error) to see if the error is removed.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to a flagged driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- Restart your computer to take effect.